Chapter 9 - New

I jumped up and hugged Edward.

"Oh Edward, I am so glad you are okay!" I said to him relieved.

"Your glad I am okay? Cassandra, I was worried sick. I thought I was too late and that turning you wouldn't even work. I am so relieved to see that you made it. Even though I wanted to be married to you first i don't even mind anymore. I am just glad we can be together forever."

His words touched me so much. I felt like crying, although I couldn't anymore.

I hugged him tighter.

"Uh, love, you are a lot stronger than me right now." He said.

"Oh oops, sorry!" I laughed. I completely forgot about newborn vampire strength.

He chuckled.

"My throat is on fire." I complained.

"Yeah we need to take you to hunt." He replied.

We went outside to the ocean, we couldn't hunt on Isle Esme, so we decided to go to the mainland to hunt some deer, and maybe mountain lions if we are lucky.

Once we swam back to the mainland, we found a forest. It was overly populated with deer and mountain lion. So It worked perfectly.

Edward was coaching me through it.

"You can do it Cassandra, just let your instincts take over."

I did exactly what he said, I smelled a mountain lion in the distance and darted for it.

When I saw it I hid behind a tree, and then I leaped for it, attacking it at its weak points. It was amazing how I knew so much about this, especially my first time.

By the end of the hunt I had caught, three mountain lions, and five deer. Edward had caught two mountain lions, and four deer.

"I beat you, ha!" I said jokingly to Edward. We raced back to Isle Esme.

"Yes, you did, love." He smiled back at me. He kissed me tenderly, and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Isn't it amazing how we made it this far? We don't have to worry about James, or anything else. Now we truly can stay here forever." I smiled at him. I was so happy and thrilled how it all turned out.

He grinned back, "Yes it is. I am glad I finally get to have forever with you." He said this very lovingly. I kissed him, and then smiled.

"I am also glad I still have my personality. I thought I wouldn't be myself as a vampire. But I guess I was wrong." I said to him happily.

"I always knew you would still be my Cassandra." He replied flashing his crooked smile.

And at that moment I knew we would always be together forever.