Chapter 31

One night later

James POV:

I closed the door to Seamus’s room as soundlessly as I could manage. I didn’t want to wake him.

After the terrible incident just yesterday, he had been even more fragile than he was before it. He cried more often, too, but it was different this time. This time, he actually required assistance. Before, he pushed me away, but now he needed me. It humbled me, in a way, but it wasn’t the attention that I wanted from him. I wanted him to love me, and that was selfish. He was going through something right now and all he needed was to heal, but I was impatient. So I tried to control myself.

I had given him a bath just earlier, and now I had tucked him into bed. I had held him there until he was officially asleep.

I was worried for him. But that was a bit of an under-statement. His fragile state was driving me up a wall with grief and worry. Sometimes I felt like I was the only thing keeping him sane.

I crept down the steps to the living room. It was empty, as none of us had bothered to do anything with the space. I headed down to the basement where Jordan, Dan, and even Max, who we booted just a short time ago, stood. If every Creature lived in Colorado right now, they’d all be here.

“Is he asleep?” Jordan asked.

“Yeah. I made sure of it,” I sighed, and went to sit in a spiny chair behind a desk. I turned to face them. Dan stood in the corner, his arms folded, his eyebrows furrowed. Max sat on the floor and Jordan leaned against the reclining chairs in the center of the room.

Jordan wiped his jaw. I knew that move from years of being his friend. He was thinking.

“What is it?” I asked. The tone of my voice made Dan and Max look up.

“We need to do something,” he said.

“Well, duh, Jordan,” Max retorted, sarcasm leaking in his words, “That’s the best you could come up with?”

“Shut up, Max,” Dan snapped, jumping off of the wall and coming to pace around the room, all the while sending Max dirty looks.

“You know, you didn’t have to come here. You never really did care about this group,” Dan continued.

“That’s a lie and you know it. I gave my all to The Creatures. So don’t give me that shit,” Max sent firing back. “And yes, I did have to come. Seamus is my friend. I’d be an idiot not to be here.”

Dan scoffed and returned to leaning against a wall.

“I know it’s hard for you two to be in the same room together,” I spoke up, “but the least you could do is settle your differences. For Seamus.”

Max nodded. “Sorry, James. I know how much this means to you. So what have you got, Jordan?”

“We need an intervention,” Jordan schemed.

“An intervention?” I asked.

“Yeah. This all started with him feeling bad for what he did to Eddie and Aleks, right?”

“Feeling bad is an under-statement,” I muttered, “But yeah. It all started there.”

“Right. So the only way to make him feel better is if he can apologize to Eddie and Aleks.”

“We already tried that. They won’t listen,” Dan interjected in a depleted tone.

“Yes,” Jordan said, and stood, coming to put his hand on Dan’s shoulder.

“But did you do it in person?”

“No,” Dan replied, and a smile broke out onto his face.

“Exactly!” Jordan said, seeing that Dan got what he was seeing.

“So we need to get Aleks and Eddie here?” Max asked.

Jordan nodded, but I shook my head. “Eddie and Aleks won’t even stay in the same room together. They despise each other.”

That stumped Jordan for only a half-second before he came up with something more.

“So we tie them up and lock them in a room together!”

I busted out laughing, and so did Max and Dan.

“Oh God!” I laughed, “Good one, Jordan.”

I looked to stare up at him, but he was dead serious.

“Wait, you’re—“

“I mean it. Sometimes you have to take force.”

I swallowed and nodded.

“So that’s what we’ll do. We’ll get them down here without them knowing the other is coming and we’ll get Seamus to apologize. And then Eddie and Aleks can kiss and make up.”

“That is a great idea, Koots,” Dan commented.

“Yeah. It’s a 2-in-1 deal. Knocking out two birds with one stone,” I said and went to pat Jordan on the back.

“So when do we get started?”

________

Oh boy! Will Kootra's idea work? I dunno. 

I'm thinking I'll upload the rest of this week, except for Friday and Saturday since I'll be away. And I'm not yet sure about Sunday, but we'll have to see. Thank you for all of the comments from last chapter. I'm glad to see that I drive you guys nuts. :3