Chapter 10-Just a Dream

Me and Baron were laughing and talking at the table trying to make time go by fast so we can get our food.

We were making jokes about our waitress. She wasn't writing down what we were ordering thinking that she was going to remember it all. So she ended up going back and forth between the kitchen and our table asking, "I'm sorry what was it that you ordered?"

So whenever she was gone we were making fun of her and everything. I know we were so mean. But what else are you going to do?

"It is just so good to have you, "Baron said holding my hand.

"And why is that?" I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know. There are way too many to say," He said moving a strand of hair from my face.

I saw my brother calling me on the phone and I rolled my eyes and answered. "Yeah?"

"Oh my god! Opal!" My brother, Dalton said panicking like a maniac. "Remember when Bates tried to rape you?!"

"Yeah," I said getting annoyed.Why would he ask me that? "Why?"

"He didn't want to do it! He was paid to do it! He was in need of money! He was paid to rape and kill you. And they said they're coming to Orlando to kill you themselves."

"Who?" I said getting kinda scared.It was silenced for awhile. "Dalton who said that?"

"Mom," He finally said choking up. I practically choked on my water with Baron checking to see if I was okay.

"Umm. . .I uhhh. . .have to go. I'll talk to you later," I hung up the phone and set it down to take a deep sigh. "There's no way this is for real, this has to be some kind of fucking nightmare."

I didn't realize I was crying until Baron wiped a tear and asked me, "What happened?"

"I just found out that Bates didn't want to rape me, he was paid to do rape and kill me because he was in need of money. My fucking mother was the one to pay him."

"Why would anyone want to do that to their own daughter?" He said pulling me in for a hug.

Then the waitress came in and gave us our food but Baron said, "Can we just get boxes and get the check?"

"Of course," She said leaving to go get the boxes and check.

"You're staying with me tonight," He whispered in my ear.

-FF

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking, then a tumble, and a groan."H-H-Hello?" I said slowly getting out of bed. I walked to the bedroom door and opened it to see a hooded figure picking up their knife."W-Who are you?" I stuttered terrified.

"Come on honey. You know better than that. How can you forget what your own mother looks like?" The hooded figure said pulling their hood down, revealing my mother with her evil smirk.

"Get away from me!" I yelled at her running around the room as she chased me with the knife.

She managed to tackle me down to the ground and aim the knife to my racing heart.

She threw the knife at me me and I-

I shot up from bed screaming in fear waking up Baron."Opal!Opal!What happened?!" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

I felt the tears begin to come down and he pulled me in tighter. "I had a terrifying nightmare that my mom broke in a stabbed me," I explained, not wanting to.

I cried on his shoulder as he said," Shhh.....it was only just a dream. Nothing's gonna happen. Not while Xander's here."

"Who?"

"My Great Dane," He explained."Xander!Come here bud!" He whistled and a giant Great Dane came running in and jumping on the bed.

He laid down on me and Baron's lap and nudge his head on my arm."Hi buddy," I say sweetly scratching the top of his head.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a flash go off. "Got it," I hear Baron say setting that as his background.

I chucked at him saying, "You're such a goof ball Baron."

He smiled at me and we eventually fell asleep, with Xander knocked out.

______

Sorry it took me awhile I was busying moving all my stuff in my new room and I also kinda had a case of writer's block. :/

But whatever I'm back so yayy!!!!

Edit: The logic in this is horrible but oh whale🐳