Chapter 11

I was waiting in Liam's dressing room for about ten minutes. I decided to text my friends.

Hayley: (group message)

hey everyone! I'm in Liam's dressing room.

Mason: sweet! how's your life going? it's peaceful here without you. :p

me: yeah, right.

Mackenzie: Well with Mason at hockey tournaments this weekend, it is very quiet.

Jordyn: Wow! Liam Payne' s dressing room. My best friend?!

me: ooh, spotted Niall's guitar. gonna play it.

I walked across the room to pick up the beautiful instrument. It was so shiny. I was scared to touch it, but then after thinking about greasy-fingered Niall playing it after eating lunch today, I wasn't too scared. I began strumming a few chords on it, and the sound amazed me. It was so full. I lifted the guitar to my eyes and looked inside. Nothing seemed abnormal. Well, I wasn't a guitar doctor or anything. I set the hunk of wood on my lap again and started strumming the chords to Katy Perry's Firework. One of my favorite songs. I soon wounded up singing at the top of my lungs, not knowing that the boys were spying on me from the door.

I heard a sneeze, then a "Harry!" then a "Shush, Niall!" from behind the door. Obviously, the boys would've been spies if they were good at spying, but they weren't. AT ALL. It was funny, actually. They thought I couldn't hear them, but I could probably hear them better than they could hear me. I set the guitar down, and threw open the dressing room door.

"Nice singing." Louis said, the Harry slapped him.

"She's gonna know that we spied on her!" he said through his teeth.

"Oh, I knew that from about five minutes ago." I said. Harry blushed.

"Wait a minute," said Niall "Why we're you using my guitar?"

"Um," I had to think fast. "Why were you spying on me?"

Niall huffed, then walked in. The other boys followed.

"So how did the interview go?" I asked.

"Great." Zayn said, laughing. "Niall kept..."

"NOOOOOOOO!" Niall cried, lunging to Zayn, and covering his mouth. I raised my eyebrows and laughed.

"Niall kept stuttering." Harry said. "And accidentally answered a question wrong."

"Ok! That's good enough!" said Niall, blushing. I cracked up. It was quite obvious that Niall was interested in Jackie.

"I'm sure you'll see her again." I said to Niall, as I picked up my bag. "Whose ready to hit the hay?" I asked. Of course, because it was American slang, nobody knew what I meant. "Whose ready to go to bed?" I asked.

The boys exchanged glances. "We're usually up for a long time at clubs or something." said Niall.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "but I'm tired." I yawned.

"Why did we bring a little kid with us?" Harry asked. I gasped. That was rude.

"Well I'm going back to the hotel, accompanied or alone." I said, walking down the hallway.

"No...you're not." said Liam. He turned around to face the boys. "Its not like we can bring her with us, she's too young." he said.

Louis yawned. "Allright." he said. "Liam and I will go back to the hotel. You three can go out." Harry nodded and said "We'll be back by midnight, that gives us two and a half hours to do things."

"Ok then." I said. "Don't break the laws, and I suppose I'll see you in the morning." Liam and Louis walked out of the dressing room with me and down the hall. About ten minutes later, we were in a taxi, and were driving home.

"So tell us about yourself." said Louis in the taxi.

"Well," I said, trying to think at such a late hour. "I play softball, and figure skate, oh and btw, I've gotta final to be at next week."

"Where?" Louis asked.

"Seattle." I said. "I promised Simon that after this tournament ends, I won't do competitive figure skating anymore, since I'm with you guys."

Liam nodded. "Oh! Tell Louie about your family." he said.

"I have a little sister whose 12, an older brother whose 18, and an older sister whose in her twenties."

"Tell him about your sister." Liam said.

"She plays Olympic soccer." I said.

"and..." Liam added.

"Her name is Shelby."

"OH MY GOODNESS!" Louis cried. "You don't mean Shelby Evans, do you?"

I nodded. "Yup. I don't know why you're so obsessed with her though. The only thing that goes through her thick skull is soccer."

"Yeah, but she's like a goddess on the field." Louis said. "Next time you see her, tell her to come to one of our concerts. I would love to meet her. She's like my futbol idol." I rolled my eyes. I personally wasn't a huge soccer fan. I played it for three years and hated it.

"Well, I haven't seen her in years. With our sport schedules, it's hard to visit her."

"Oh." said Louis. "Then tell her I say hi then."

I nodded. "Yeah. We were pretty close. When I was five, and she was eight, we used to sit on our front porch and eat popsicles. She would talk about being a third grader, and I would talk about being a kindergartner. Then, when she was nine, she joined club soccer and was always traveling."

The two boys were silent.

"Between her and Mason, we were always going to someone's sport game. Mason plays hockey, and that's how I started figure skating."

"What about your younger sister?" Louis asked.

"I got her interested in softball." I said. "She's been playing for a few years now."

"Well you all are just a bunch of all-star athletes, aren't you." Liam said.

I nodded. "Toushe." I said. We arrived at the hotel, and ran through the doors with cameras flashing all around us, and screaming fans chasing us.

"I honestly don't know how you can put up with this." I said.

"You can't, really." Said Liam. "Its just something you have to get used to."