Chapter 50

Hello everyone, I've decided to add one last part here so that the whole book is 50 chapters. It's more like an epilogue.

Here goes.

----------------

"Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu!" Wailed Louis over the phone. This was the fourth birthday call I had gotten from the boys, with all of them singing happy birthday to me, and striking up twenty minute conversations while I was supposed to be in class.

"Shh!" I called into the phone. "Louis, I appreciate your singing, but realize I'm in the library, awaiting all five of your calls, and consequently, skipping two classes already."

"Oh, sorry," he said. "But how has your sweet 16 been?"

"Oh, lovely!" I said. "Jordyn and my softball friend Callie decorated my locker this morning. When I get home, I'm having a huge party and I'm taking my driver's test today!"

"Well, have fun, and good luck!" said Louis.

"Aw thanks." I added.

"No problem, say, have you heard from Harry in a while? None of us have heard from him since he left for Cheshire."

"Has Niall?" I asked, knowing that Harry and Niall talk the most.

"Nope, apparently he doesn't have good cell service in Mullingar."

"Hmm." I said. "I'll call him and see what's up."

"Okay."

I ended the call, and tapped the screen a few times to call Harry.

"Hullo?" came a British voice from the other side.

"Harry?" I asked.

"Oh, hullo, Hayley." Harry said. "How have you been?"

"Fine, fine." I said. "Yourself?"

"Same." He said. Then, after a couple seconds of quietness, he asked. "So, em, how's your birthday been?"

"Great." I said, perplexed. Then I jumped the gun. "Harry, where are you?"

"I'm outside." He said.

"No, really, where in the world are you?"

"Oh, well, um, I'm ehh..."

"The phone's not telling me that this is an international call." I said.

"Oh, right, well, you see, I'm in the US."

"Really?" I asked, genuinely confused. "And why is that?"

"Dunno, just found myself here." He said, chuckling.

I didn't respond.

"I'm on holiday." He said. "My mum is here too."

"Out of all the places, you chose the US."

"Yep."

I sighed. "Well okay." I said. "I've got to get to class now. I'll call you later."

"Bye." He said.

I pressed End Call, and slowly walked back to class. Harry was up to something. I knew it.

-------------------------------

"So," said Jordyn as we strolled down the street to our homes. "You're just going to have a small party?"

"Yes, I've said that, like what now, five times?" I eyed Jordyn suspiciously.

Jordyn put her hands over her head. "Hey, hey, I'm just curious, that's all."