Chapter 39

"What do you want?" I asked, my eyes locked shut.

"Give me the lighter." said a guy with an Indian accent. With my eyes shut, I took the lighter from my pocket, and held it out. I felt someone take it.

"Now listen here." said a husky voice. I opened my eyes, and turned around. It was the boys!

"Crap!" I cried. "You guys had me as scared as heck!" I don't curse, okay?

"And you had US scared even more!" Niall cried. "Thanks, Tony." he said after, nodding at the Indian taxi driver.

"No problem." he said.

"Listen!" cried Harry again. "Just because you're going through some hard times, doesn't mean you have to take it out on the people who care about you!"

"What do you mean?" I muttered.

"He means-" said Louis, the one who I realized later was yelling 'get in now', "that if you were gone, what would WE do?"

I thought about that. I guess he was right. If I left them, they would probably be just as upset as I was about Shelby leaving.

"I...I...I...I'm sorry." I said, putting my head in my hands.

"Everything's going to be okay, princess." said Niall, rubbing my back. I grabbed onto him and started bawling.

"Lets give her the day off." said Zayn.

"Sure." said Liam.

----------------

So the boys left me in the hotel to be with myself and re-organize my thoughts. It was only two, so they went out for lunch before soundcheck.

I was watching tv and cleaning up my tear-streaked face, when I suddenly got an idea. I felt really bad that I broke down on the day of Harry's birthday, so I decided to make it up to him by planning a surprise party. I called Louis to rent out the ballroom in the hotel, and after, he confirmed that it was available for our usage all day.

I caught a taxi to Target, and bought some party decorations. I got some red and white streamers and as a joke, One Direction birthday decorations. I also bought a Harry Styles birthday card, knowing he would crack up when he saw it. I then bought some carrots and ranch for Louis, some Doritos, Chex Mix, various sodas, paper foil wear, and a bunch of other snacks. After I paid for it all, (and silently thanked Simon for my paycheck last week) I took a taxi home, and got the bell hop to help me set up.

About three hours later, I was putting the finishing touches in the room, when I realized that I had no guests or cake. I realized that it was too late to call friends of his, so I just decided to let in about ten fans from the outside.

It was about five when I invited some fans that were outside the hotel in. When I told them that I was planning a surprise party, they all squealed and hugged the life out of me. We had about four hours until the boys would get here, and I needed their help to finish everything. I made sure to try to pick out the oldest fans. The youngest was sixteen, and the oldest was 20. When I asked who could drive, they all raised their hands.

"Allright." I said. "I need someone to take me to get a cake."

"I'll go." said an eighteen year old girl. She fished out her car keys, and grabbed my arm.

"You guys stay here." I said, "And don't leave this room, we'll be back in an hour, just watch TV." I pointed to the flat screen TV in the corner of the ballroom.

"Ok." I said, buckling up. "Do you know any good cake places around here?"

"Yes." said the girl. "My best friend works at a great Caterer, she can get us one half off."