Chapter 18

It has been about two weeks since my skate show, which I placed third in. That meant I was moving on to round two.

It was December 22nd. The week of Christmas. Everywhere we went, it was snowing. Tonight we were performing in Houston. We were in some room; the boys were signing copies of their album. I casually snuck in, and watched the boys scribble across the light packages with black permanent markers.

"Hey guys." I said, rocking on my heels.

Zayn looked up and smiled. "Hi, Hayley, what's up?"

"I just came to give you guys an early Christmas present."

Everyone looked up at me.

"Here." I said, handing out pamphlets to the boys.

"We get a pamphlet for Christmas?" Niall asked. He observed it in his hands. "That's an interesting gift."

"Hahahaha, no silly," I said, while ruffling Niall's hair. I'm five foot six. I can do what I want.

"Simon and I are giving you guys a vacation!"

"Seriously?" Louis asked.

I nodded.

"Whoa, that's swell!"

"Were are we going?" Niall asked.

I tapped the pamphlet in his hands. "Read the pamphlet, sweetheart."

Harry began giggling. Niall glared at him. I was laughing inside myself. It seems that you could never get enough of these boys.

"Ooh, Denver." Said Liam. "What're we going to do there?"

"We have booked each of you boys your own room in a wilderness lodge, next to a national park and cave, but be careful! I hear there's bears!"

The boys exchanged smiles.

"Sweet!" Niall cried.

"And it's also next to a small mountain, in which you can go skiing, while I go snowboarding."

"You snowboard?" Zayn asked.

"Since I was six." I said.

The boys all cheered, and high fived each other.

"Now, let's go have a great show!" I cried.

"Oh, almost forgot." said Niall.

The boys ran out of the room, screaming and shouting. I shook my head and chuckled as I put away the CDs in their boxes.

----------

"Oh my GOD." Louis cried, as he looked up at the mountain. "That thing is HUGE!"

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said. "I meant a small mountain for me to snowboard on. Honestly, I've been on bigger ones."

The boys all exchanged worried glances. Harry dropped his ski poles and said "I surrender!"

"No, you don't, big guy." I replied, picking up his ski poles and handing them to the scared boy. I didn't know WHAT they were afraid of.

"Put on your skiis, and I'll get my snowboard." I trudged through the snow in my favorite boots to the counter where you could rent out gear. I picked a board out, payed the fee, courteous of the boys, and walked back over to the benches to see that the boys were not having success with putting on their skiis. I found that Zayn and Niall were sword fighting with their skii poles.

I laid my board down, and walked over to them.

"C'mon, you guys." I groaned, while snapping Louis's boots on to the narrow sticks. I sighed. "Ok, listen." I added, while pulling off Harry's shoes, and putting on his boots.

"I thought I told you to put on your boots in the hotel!"

Harry shrugged. I picked up his smelly, wet Converses, and chucked them to the side. I then snapped his boots into place and clipped his gloves around his wrists.

"Anyways," I said, walking over to Zayn. "Don't stab your sticks into the ground too hard." I buckled his helmet on, and pulled down his goggles. I slapped his head a couple of times to make sure the helmet would stay in place.

I moved over to Niall. "and don't skii straight, you need to zig-zag." I snapped his feet into place and fixed his helmet; slapping it when I was done.

"don't mess around on the lifts either." I added, going back to fix Harry's helmet and buckling his boots.

"And don't purposely crash into each other, that's dangerous." I moved swiftly over to Liam, crouching down to fix his skiis. He reached down to help me, but I slapped his arm.

"Ow." he murmured, pulling his arm away. I buckled on his helmet and fixed his goggles.

"lastly," I said, hopping back over to Louis after realizing he somehow got out of his skiis. "Don't do any fancy tricks." I stood up, and slapped his helmet twice when I was done.

"Any questions?"

The boys went silent for a minute, probably trying to figure out how I got everything on them buckled and tightened in two minutes.

I smiled, pulling down my goggles. I hopped out of my boots and into my snowboard.

"Prepared to be beaten!" I cried, frantically trying to hop to the lifts.

They boys all stood up, but then couldn't figure out how to move in the skiis.

"See you at the bottom!" I laughed, hopping onto a lift.