Chapter 19

I flew down the hill, passing nearby skiers. I felt the wind prick at my face, but most of all, I felt FREE. I inhaled and exhaled at the bottom of the mountain, feeling so alive. Five minutes later, the boys all came sliding down the mountain. I heard cheers from behind me. I turned around and saw some fellow directioners skiing over to the boys and getting pictures.

"Niall!" I cried, grabbing his shirt collar. "Race me."

"Pfft, I know you'll win." he said, fixing his collar.

"I know, but I'm trying to keep you away from the fans, I know you get claustrophobic when they surround you."

Niall shrugged. "You're on," he said. "but keep in mind, I AM Irish."

"So you should've had all the beginner's luck then." I said, while trying to make a run for it in my snowboard.

"Oi! You little..." Niall cried, chasing after me. I grabbed a skii lift, hoping Niall wouldn't catch me, but he did.

"NOOOOOOOO!" I cried, as he began to tickle me. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I stated cackling.

Niall laughed too. "You WILL be sorry after I beat you!" he cried, jumping off the lift.

"Oh no, you don't!" I cried, leaning forward. I felt myself pick up speed, and catch up to Niall. I passed him a second after I began snowboarding down the mountain.

I stuck out my tongue. Niall reached his arms out and tried to grab me.

I slowed my board down, and Niall passed me, unsuccessfully grabbing me. I suddenly saw a ledge and made my way to it.

"Hayley!" Niall cried. "What are you doing?!" I took a deep breath in, and flew off the ledge, spinning around in the air.

"Oh my God!" Harry cried from below. He pointed up at me. "Its Hayley!" Zayn, Liam, and Louis all looked up at me. I landed with a wobble, about twenty feet from the end of the mountain. I slowed down, and braked my board in front of the boys and the seem-to-be-growing crowd of girls.

Niall caught up to me a few seconds late, panting.

"Rec...recreational snowboarding, huh?"

I nodded.

"Well we're loosing the Olympics then."

I smiled. Job well done.