Chapter 1

Pic of Abhishek on the side.

Shanaya's POV:

Gasp... I took a sharp intake of breath as I sat up sweating. Nervousness and dread filled me as I took in my surroundings. All was dark; all was black. I tried to touch my face but my hands were tied up. Painfully, I twisted my body so I was leaning against some kind of wall. Something slowly trickled down my neck. I didn't know if it was either sweat or blood.

I had been so stupid. Now, I had realized that looks don't always matter. What mattered was how pure someone's heart was.

That guy had kidnapped me. At first notice, I had begun to think that he looked like a good person. But no, I was wrong. Like always. Like I was wrong about Abhishek. Abhishek had hurt me beyond repair. Now, the same thing is being repeated with me. But, I would not let it happen. I would not let myself get hurt again.

I gasped again as I heard something opening. Suddenly, light flooded my eyes and I closed them in pain. After finally opening them, I looked around at my surroundings. I was in a big truck which was currently stopped at the moment.

I looked over to the person who opened the sliding shutter and saw a guy with curly hair. He had a slight stubble and piercing black eyes. He climbed up into the truck beside me and roughly grabbed me by the hair. Then, he dragged me across the truck floor.

The guy jumped off the truck first and then pulled me out. Unfortunately, I lost my balance and fell face forward. But just before my face made contact with the concrete road, someone grabbed my arms and hoisted me up.

"Dude! What the hell? Stop man-handling her!" A dangerously familiar voice said from above me.

I looked up and saw him again. It was him, my kidnapper. The same guy that had hit me on the back of my head. I quickly wriggled out of his hands and fell onto the ground. He chuckled and scooped me up and hoisted me over one shoulder. I kicked and kicked at his torso but he didn't seem to flinch at all.

Someone opened the door to a cabin-like place and my kidnapper carried me in. He entered a tiny room and then flipped me so that he was now carrying me bridal style.

"Hey calm down!" He said gently as he lowered me to the ground.

I shuffled away from him while still watching him for any sudden movements.

The guy came over to me and opened the rope around my ankles. Then he opened my mouth. At this time, I was so embarrassed and exhausted, that I couldn't even speak anymore. At last, he opened my hands. Without wasting a second, I raised my hand up to his face and slapped him as hard as I could.

His whole body turned to the left as soon as my hand made contact with his face. He slowly turned his face around and I saw that his eyes held rage; pure rage.

As swift as lightning, he stood up and pulled me up with him. He trapped me in between his arms and brought his face dangerously close to mine.

"Do not ever raise your voice or hand at me Shanaya! I am not your servant who will bear your childishness. If you ever do that again, I will have Raman deal with you!" He threatened as he came even closer to me.

He finally stepped back and I fell back to the ground in shock. How don't his guy know my name? What was his name?

Just before he stepped out of the room, I managed to ask him, "What's your name?"

"Abhimanyu." Came the curt reply.

I slumped back against the wall as I cried at my fate. Before, I was so happy, at my sister's wedding. But now, I was kidnapped. Kidnapped by a dreadfully handsome criminal.

Thinking about these thoughts, I finally fell into a restless sleep.

~next morning~

"Hello? Shanaya wake up!" I heard someone say as I slowly opened my tired, swollen eyes.

It was Abhimanyu. He had a plate full of food in one hand, while he was gently tapping my cheek with the other.

"Here, I brought you breakfast. After you eat this, one of the girls who work with us will take you to the bathroom so you can shower. If you want to." I nodded and Abhimanyu handed me the plate of food.

"Abhimanyu, will I ever be freed?" I asked slowly preparing myself for the worst.

"Soon. As soon as ma'am says so. Oh and you can call me Abhi." Abhi said as he took something out of his pocket.

"Oh and here. Thought you might want to see this." Abhi said as he handed me a newspaper.

In big bold writing, it said,

SHANAYA CHATTERJI, DAUGHTER OF KD PATHAK AND PRENALI CHATTERJI, WAS KIDNAPPED LATE LAST NIGHT.
----------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late update. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Plz comment and vote.

>what do u guys think, Abhishek did?

>who is this ma'am that Abhi was referring to?