The Truth.

Nearly all structures within an 800 meter radius, including the entire community of Richmond, was obliterated. A pressure wave snapped trees, bent iron rails, demolished buildings, grounded vessels, and scattered fragments of the Mont-Blanc for kilometers. Hardly a single window in the city survived the blast. A tsunami created by the blast even wiped out the community of Mi'kmaq First Nations people who had lived in the Tuft's Cove area for generations. Relief efforts began almost immediately, and hospitals quickly began to become full. Rescue trains began arriving from across eastern Canada and north-eastern United States, but were impeded by a blizzard. There were several memorials to the victims of the Halifax Explosion.

----------------

"So," Holly said, as we heard Paul scuttle off to check on the cookies. "You guys are like... Avatars?" She crossed her arms, tapping her foot against the cold metal of the ground. "And you guys didn't think that would be important until now?"

I chuckled nervously, while Raymond scratched the back of his head, both of us avoiding our friends' eyes. We didn't reply for a little bit- we really did think it was important, but how do you just randomly tell your friends that you think you have powers? 'Hey, I know we're really confused right now and we're surviving so many near-death experiences that we'd probably out-do the Winchesters, but guess what? Raymond and I have powers!'

About 10 seconds of awkward silence later, and Paul came back out, carrying a tray of cookies. I sighed a short breath of relief. Food distracts everyone.

"Cookies for everyone!" He said, placing the tray on one of the tables. "Anyways, what were you guys saying?"

I cursed under my breath.

"Um, we knew it was important, but-"

"It's kinda hard to just tell your friends something like this," Raymond interrupted me, much to my delight. "Especially while we're in a situation like this- at least, until we understand what the hell's going on." And with that, all four of us looked over to Paul, who was happily munching down on the chocolate-chip cookies.

He looked up at us, the chocolate on lips making it look like he had a mustache. "What?" He asked, before nodding like he had just remembered something. He then wiped his mouth and stood up. "Well, I guess if we're going to talk about this topic in particular, we should move to a warmer room. Bedroom!" Paul shouted, already walking down a hallway.

"Damn," Dominic said, as we slowly walked after him. "I want to wait for the third date."

All four of us followed behind Paul (but kept at least 2 feet behind him at all times- hey, he could still be a psychopath, that's what Holly thinks at least), down the hallway and into a room on the left. It was a fairly big room, but still looked like an 1800's rusty room that sank 2 billion years ago and was only found last year. Sure, it had a window and bed and everything, but I wouldn't stay in here for more than a day- tops. It smelled like moldy bread in there.

"Make yourselves at home," Paul said, sitting on the bed, just so we could hear a large crack, and the bed's headboard fall off. He chuckled nervously. "Well, as much as you can, I guess."

I could hear Raymond gag, but we all took off our coats anyway. I never actually knew what we were wearing under our coats, but we were wearing our regular clothes from the 21st century. I laughed really hard when I first saw the look on Paul's face.