The Regenerating Tree.

Okay so these one and a half chapters are gonna be about the meteoroid from about like 50 billion years ago, and since no one was alive back then I literally lost the nerve to steal things from Wiki so just know this is gonna probably be a high representation of the end of the first world Ft. My mind.

If the amount of months it took me to do this isn't showing you my levels of procrastination, I don't know what will IM SO SORRY

----------------

When we emerged from the blank field, I was really surprised to have seen that we were in the middle of the rainforest. My first thought was that I was going to be the next meal for a snake, but then I realized I probably smelled like dung, and thought it would die of starvation before it ate me.

"Can't we go back to Paris?" Wined Dominic, tugging on my hand. He looked like a big baby. I would have gone back to Paris, but when I looked down at the iPad I was met with only my empty hand— I guess the iPad deal was only viable when we weren't in a different time period. Well, there go all my hopes, dreams and expectations.

"We might still be in Paris," I said, as I didn't feel the rush of wind that I usually felt when we traveled. "We're probably just in a different time when it was a mostly rainforest territory."

"So, what your saying is," Holly said, rolling her eyes and swatting a fly from in front of her eyes. "That we've traveled into the French version of The Jungle Book?"

Dominic frowned. "Wouldn't that be Le Livre de la Jungle?"

I looked at him, astonished. "You know how to speak French?"

He winked. "There's many things you don't know about me," and with that we tried to act like we knew where we were going, even though we were in the middle of the jungle going God knows where and god knows when.

"I wonder who was the closest to the bet," Raymond said, moving a big leaf the size of a table out of his face. "We should've placed money on it."

"Um," I stammered, looking dead in front of me. "I think I won."

The jungle had suddenly stopped right in front of us, leading into a kind of desert setting. That wasn't the thing that had me out of breath, though— it was the triceratops' peacefully eating a grass patch about 10 meters away from us.

"Well at least they aren't T-Rex's," Holly said, walking closer to Raymond, who put a protective arm around her. "That would be worse, right?"

Just then, we heard a growl from right above us.

"Nope," she said, closing her eyes. "I'm not even gonna look up."

The roar happened again, and we all slowly looked up to find a T-Rex staring back at us with blazing eyes and flared up nostrils.

"Well somebody woke up on the wrong side of the moss this morning," Dominic uttered before we all dashed out of the jungle, the dinosaur following our trail.

"Hold on!" shouted Holly, grabbing on to mine and Raymond's hand, and in return I grabbed onto Dominic's.

"If we have to run away from prehistoric dinosaurs in terror for you to hold my hand," Dominic said, squeezing my hand and smiling at me. "I wish we could come here everyday."