eight

GISSELLE

I walked into the office that I shared with Mr. Chanes. It was only my third day on the job and I was somewhat getting used to making my way over to my clean desk every morning. Every evening, I would tidy my area before I left, simply because I was such a neat person.

I was the type to make my bed at seven in the evening just because it would throw off the rest of my bedroom. There were never things out of place so when there was, I knew someone had been meddling around in there. I knew exactly where everything was placed and that's how I liked it.

Ashlee on the other hand was half and half. Sometimes she felt neat and the other, more of a slob. She was quick to leave her bag or whatever she may have been using right where she was using it. That's somewhere where we differed.

It was eight in the morning and Mr. Chanes had a meeting with Chester Alderman, the CEO of Naumer Airlines in two hours. He wasn't too humble to discuss with his brothers on the walk over to his office of how easy it would be to sign himself 75% ownership over the airlines. I couldn't help but walk silently and hold onto my clipboard. It wasn't like I could give my two cents, considering the fact that I knew nothing about negotiating an $80,000,000,000 company.

I took a deep breath at the thought of the amount of zeros and commas in that number. If only my account matched that..

I walked over to my desk and switched my brown clipboard for a more modern and elegant blue notepad. It would be easier and more comfortable for me to carry around the office building, since I was required to follow Mr. Chanes around like I was a lost puppy.

I had become used to him and the way he wants his documents done by now. I was a fast learner and quick to use it when needed. I had a plan to finish my work early again for today, but this meeting was going to postpone my twelve o'clock goal time.

I placed my notepad back down on my desk and gently slid my hands on the sides of my hair, making sure I didn't have any fly aways since my hair was pulled back into a ponytail. I then ran my hands down my fitted navy blue dress that had spaghetti strapped straps crossing over my chest and the dress stopped right above my knees. I wore slick silver heels and my necessary accessories.

I walked around to my desk chair and swiped my black calf length trench coat from it and slid it on.

There, I'm set.

"Aye bro," my boss and I both turned to the office's entrance to see Mr. Chanes' brother, Carter Chanes, standing with his hands in his pockets. I remembered him from the meeting, but seeing him again really put everything into perspective.

He was tall, maybe 6 feet and 4 inches. He had black hair just like my boss', slicked back with a clean edge to match. He had the exact same jawline and lush pink lips.

Just then, the other Mr. Chanes walked in.

I can't believe this.

They all resembled each other so much. It was like seeing triple! They all held tall statutes with broad shoulders and a particular stance that screamed "Fear Me." Their bodies were buff and after examining them for about two minutes, I was able to see a piece of a tattoo on my boss' right hand. It ended before his knuckles and I quickly looked away. He had a sleeve and I could only imagine how nice it looked, covering the strong build he had. Each man was dressed in black suits, slightly unbuttoned black undershirts, with no tie.

"Did you wanna get breakfast at Brochè with us?" Angel asked, but his gaze then shifted to me.

"Ms. Colonè is it?" He asked, stepping a little closer in my direction.