twenty

DOMINICO

I sat at my desk and read through a detailed description proposal of a lot that Carter wanted to build a new gym on. It would be somewhere in the heart of L.A, right next door to an ice cream shop and Nike shoe store. It was just a short drive from here, maybe only twenty minutes and we all would have to go later on in the day to take a look at the area. My brother had a knack for doing things on his own and then bringing it up with Angel and I after the fact. I was just relieved that this time he didn't purchase it on impulse like he did with a Carrabas down the street from the Towers. Luckily for him that didn't blow over. The restaurant was in a well enough area that it thrived with business so none was lost.

I flipped the page and continued to read. It was well written if anything. Carter was a nutball and an all out ladies man, but there was a reason Dad left all three of us in charge of this business. Carter understood the job, he just wasn't completely engulfed in it as Angel and definitely not as much as myself. He knew what he wanted within it, that much was obvious, but as I read through his proposal, I could only give him props on his dedication.

The office was quiet. Gisselle hadn't arrived to work yet, given that it was only four thirty in the morning. I was used to coming to work this early. It was a way for me to relax my mind before the day actually begun.

Speaking of relaxing my mind, I don't think I was going to get any of that.. really. Abigail constantly blew up my phone with messages regarding our relationship.. which wasn't really a relationship anymore. I hadn't responded which only made her text and call more.

I rubbed my hand against my face and sighed. I don't know why I found that woman attractive. At that time, she was the only woman I needed. The only woman I wanted in my life. I couldn't let her go. But then Gisselle Colonè arrived.. she completely changed my view on women. I was used to the rich and glamorous, but she came with so much class and she didn't take anything from anyone. Besides her physique, her attitude made me want her more.

5:30 am.

I finished signing off on the last of the documents, including Carter's, before lying back in my chair and closing my eyes. I had a full day ahead of me and I was slightly upset that Dad had even taken us out of the country to go see Aunt Gina. I had a routine I liked to stick to and last minute schedule changes never sat well with me.

"Wakey wakey, sleepyhead."

I smiled slightly. I knew that innocent voice from anywhere.

She strolled in, wearing a white long sleeved lace dress that ended right before her knees and she strutted in a pair of slick nude heels. Her long, luscious jet black hair was pulled back nearly into a ponytail; her face completely bare.

I shifted my eyes from that dress and attempted to watch her face, but the way it fit her.. my my my.

"Coffee how you like it." She handed me the brown paper cup, the sweet aroma waking me out of the drowsiness I was entirely too close to falling into. Her sweet smelling Chanel, my favorite perfume for her, wafted past me as she flashed her straight white teeth before turning to her desk.

"You're happy this morning." I said to her, taking a sip of the hot beverage before licking my lips. She giggled and sat her bag down next to her seat.

"I'm always happy, Dominico. You're the one with the heavy cloud above you."

I leaned forward onto my desk and smirked. "You think you're funny? I can be a nice guy."

Her laughter erupted throughout the entire office, seeming to last five minutes straight. I only watched, smiling as she sat there, enjoying herself.