sixteen

GISSELLE

I arrived at Dominico's hotel room, almost ready to go to war but I had a knack for handling things like this like a lady instead. Once Ashlee and I had gotten back to our hotel room, I called Dominico almost immediately, plus Ash was breathing down my neck about it. It was obvious that Abigail had really gotten under her skin a little bit, but I told her not to worry. She was right. She basically did steal Abigail's career in only one month and that's all she needed to worry about. Whatever soft plans Abigail had up her sleeve were nothing to fear, simply because my sister and I didn't have that in our hearts.

I knocked on the white hardwood door, it was different from mine considering he was staying in a more upscale place. He told me to meet him here within the next twenty minutes so I made sure to be on time. This was a pressing matter after all.

I waited a few seconds before I heard the lock turning on the opposite side of the door, followed by the doorknob, and then the sight of a .. dressed down .. Dominico.

After a month of working for him and knowing what kind of person he was and how high he held himself, I guess I had forgotten that he did have a life outside of the Chanes Corporate Headquarters.

My eyes drifted to his nicely ironed black Nike tee shirt and then his matching gym shorts. All of his tats were visible. I mean, he had arm sleeves and lower leg sleeves and they were oh so beautiful. I was actually seeing his muscular body for once and I had to admit, I liked what I saw. He didn't wear socks or slippers, which I thought most men did, but he walked around with his feet free, freshly pedicured and almost .. perfect. He only wore his silver Ferragamo watch on his left wrist and matching chain around his neck as jewelry.

I could tell he was shocked at my appearance as well. I watched as his eyes scanned from my multi colored tye dye tee shirt — the ends folded slightly as I do with all of my tee shirts — then to my plain light blue boyfriend jeans with their usual cuffs on the ends and finally, my silver strappy Charlotte Rouse flip flops, something I only wore when I was making a quick stop to the grocery store or going on a shopping spree. I would never think to wear any other shoes besides heels when at work, but I guess we aren't at work right now.

My toes were exposed as well. I didn't have the instinct to hide them, considering the fact that I always thought I had pretty feet, even though my toes were indeed a little .. chubby. I never let that stop me from flaunting them though. I loved to get pedicures and wear cute little sandals when I step out of the house, regardless of what anyone might have thought. I didn't care and that was all that matters.

His eyes made their way back to mine. I hadn't seen them since we'd landed and it almost annoyed me that I kind of missed those deep dark brown eyes.

"Glad you could make it," he said, opening his hotel room door a little wider for me to enter. "Come inside."

I gave a quick smile before stepping over his threshold. His hotel room was similar to mine, except it was a lot more spacious and of course, more expensive.

I took a seat on one of the couches and placed my bag next to me. Dominico was locking the door back and heading into the kitchen, appearing as if I had interrupted his previous duties.

His head was down, paying attention to something on the counter, but I couldn't see from where I was sitting. He was at least ten human bodies away from me — if you measure it that way.