twenty one

GISSELLE

Three months later.

12:45 pm.

"Walters and Jamison are on their way. They should be here in twenty minutes." I quickly slipped a piece of my hair that hung in front of my ears behind them as I stood over my desk, straightening the many documents it held.

"Alright. Are you ready for it? Notes in order?"

"Yes Dominico," I answered before heaving a sigh. I grabbed my notebook off of my desk and stood up straight. My free hand glided down the sides of my nude dress, smoothing away any wrinkles that might have appeared from my previous stance.

"Everything is in order. It always is."

The phone then began to ring. I looked from my desk to Dominico's. We were both able to answer, so since he wasn't making a move, I made my way to the opposite side of my desk and reached for the phone.

"Don't answer it."

I froze, giving the phone a confused look.

"Why not?"

"Because I said so."

I looked up to see his back turned towards me. He was gazing out of one of his many ceiling to floor windows, his hands tucked into his pant pockets, and his tall stature seemed to tower over all that was below him.

He had been acting really cold towards me lately. More like for a few months. I don't know what it was, it wasn't like I wasn't used to his demeaning attitude or harsh words, but when we met at his hotel room back in London, he was a whole different person.. someone I genuinely liked. He stayed like that until we got back to America and its like.. he went back to.. normal I guess.

I ran my hand over my ponytail once more as I continued to admire him.

I didn't think to ask him either. Maybe that's partially my fault, but we weren't close as friends. He was my boss and I was his employee. That's how it's always been. I guess I tend to forget about that.

"Hey Gisselle,"

Angel tapped on the door as he entered. I turned around to see him, Dominico doing the same from the corner of my eye.

"There's someone requesting to see you."

I twisted my face in confusion. No one ever came to see me at work. Ashlee was at work herself and so was Greg. I didn't know who else I should be expecting.

"Someone like who?" Dominico asked, stepping down his steps and standing with one hand in his pockets and the other gently holding his chin.

I watched him, secretly eyeing him.

Why did he care?

"Um, I don't know. Christina just called me to see if I could get in touch with you because no one answered the phone."

Christina. The woman at the front desk who signed me in when I came for my interview. She knew my face well by now.

I smirked. I wonder why no one answered the phone.

Dominico then looked to me.

"Are you going to go see who it is?"

My breath got caught in my throat.

"Yes, I guess so."

I began to walk towards Angel who gave me a solemn look. Ever since I've worked for Dominico these past months, Angel has always been that kind of cushion to ease the pressure and force I was constantly under.