seventeen

GISSELLE

Day 6 of London

I strolled down the sidewalk of London, passing by tourists who were just as amazed at the city as I was and citizens who were visibly annoyed with the amount of people on one sidewalk. It was crowded and with every step you took, you had to keep going. There were people walking towards you and coming up from behind. There was no time to pick up a shiny quarter off of the crowd or to tie your shoe. You had to keep going.

Walking throughout the city put me at ease. It was different from America, regardless of their accents and taste in food, but it didn't feel like the city. It was .. paradoxical. Not only was I in the heart of London like I lived in the heart of LA, but it didn't feel like I was there. It felt a lot more serene, although I wouldn't mind if this vacation had been in the Bahamas or Tahiti or something. Now that was something to feel relaxed about. I would rather them leave me there than bring me back to America.

The suit fitting and teeth cleaning appointments went smoothly, so I had the rest of the day off. Ashlee was out shopping with Carter and of course, I was out on my own. Dominico was out with his dad, probably getting another lesson on life, and as far as Angel, I had no clue. He was the main one watching over me and keeping everyone in tact, it was sort of weird for him to not be around. But I was okay. It would be nice to gather my thoughts and have time for myself in such a wonderful city.

Buzz Buzz ..

I slipped my phone from my bag and read the caller ID. I put it to my ear and answered.

"Hello."

"Hey, you hungry? Feel like sushi?"

I smirked and stopped in the middle of the walkway. There were grunts and groans as they passed by, but the sound of his voice drowned everything out.

I never would have imagined a guy to call me and ask me something a little as this, but it made me feel so special. I laughed to myself. I was so mean, yet people flocked to me like birds. I had no idea why.

"How do you know I like sushi?"

"You look like the type to eat anything," he chuckled and I gave him a glare, even though he couldn't see me.

"I'll come get you. We can go to this little spot I know and maybe figure something out afterwards. Sound like a plan?"

I giggled and began to head back to the hotel.

"Yeah Dominico, that sounds like a plan."

______________

I pulled my hair back into a bun and added a touch of lip gloss. I sighed in relief when I noticed my eyebrows — I had gotten them arched the day before we got on the plane and I would occasionally tweeze them to keep them up to par.

I admired my powder pink, spaghetti strapped sundress that rounded my curves perfectly. My eyes drifted down to the brown strappy flip flops I wore on my feet and my nude polish glistened.

I turned off the bathroom light and made my way into the bedroom, grabbing my cream colored bag that I bought from Charming Charlie the first time Ash and I went shopping after Mom passed. It was the kind that had that matching fur ball hanging from it. Super cute.