Chapter 20

Megan's P.O.V

"Will you hit me?" I ask Liam. I feel completely weak. I've never felt this kind of pain before. The kind of pain where it's so bad that I don't even feel anything.

"What?" Everybody says in unison.

"I need to feel something." I bring my hands to Liam's hesitantly and grab onto his arm. "It's not fair for me to feel nothing when.." That was it. I started sobbing. I couldn't look at Lily even if I tried. I would cry too much.

"Megan.." Liam is instantly by my side rubbing my back. I don't know what to feel. Sadness? Anger? Fear?

I hear Lily cough and everybody's head turns her way. My breath hitches as I see her drooling blood.

"Enough standing here guys" Cristy goes toward Lily's body and I slowly follow after her, with Liam helping me with my steps. Liam is such a good person. I like him too much. In this situation I don't know wether to thank Liam with tears of joy, or cry my tears of pain in front of Lily.

As we all walked towards Lily's body a low growl from the distance was heard. Stopping us in our tracks.

We all look around to see the same Jaguar that we met a few days ago. As it got closer to us I notice the fresh blood that stains its mouth and I feel my stomach turn, fear overwhelming me.

"You've got to be kidding me." I hear Harry whisper. The big cat comes between us and Lily's body making us all back up.

"I think this cat is responsible for Lily's blood loss.." Cristy whispers motioning to the deep teeth marks on Lily's arm. I almost forget how to breathe, there's too much stuff going on right now. This is not the same cat that we encountered before.. This is a different one. A more violent one.

"I'm scared.." Nohea manages to say as we all have a stare down with the dangerous beast.

"We have to go back." Louis says and I stop my movements. "No!" I say a little louder than a whisper. "We need to bring Lily back with us" I wipe the cold tears off my face and attempt to slowly approach the animal when I feel a tug on my arm.

"You don't seriously think I'll let you do that right?" Liam gives me a hard stare and my knees go weak. "None of us are letting you do that Megan." Danyelle eyes me down.

"But.." I pause, my breathing getting harder. "Lily.." The tears start to form again. "She's alive! You heard her cough!" I try to reason with all of them and I see pain in each in everyone of their eyes.

"Megan.." Cristy starts and I look at her with pleading eyes, hoping she'll come on my side. "Look at it." She says, talking about the jaguar. I turn my head to where it's standing.

"It's in a very defensive posture right now.." She continues, and I don't let my eyes leave the cat. What she's saying is true, but that doesn't mean we can't try.. Right?

"They get defensive when they think they're in danger, protecting something, or guarding their food." Zayn says and I take a large gulp.

"If we leave now. There's a real big chance that no one else will get hurt." Louis says and I lightly furrow my brows.

"So you're just going to let Lily die just so none of you guys get hurt! That's terrible!" I weakly state and they all looks down. The Jaguars low growl gets louder and louder with every second that passes.

I don't care if I die at least trying to save Lily. I could never live with myself if I didn't at least try.

The jaguar starts to cautiously come toward us and I want to lean forward it as well, I need to find some kind of opening so I can find my way to Lily's side. She's suffering, and I know it!