Chapter 13- Don't Leave Me

Meanwhile, Jade, Perrie and Jesy were standing outside their management's headquarters building, wondering why the trail of Leigh's things they had found had lead them there. They had called the police, who were also looking for Leigh-Anne. The police had told them to stay at home and wait for news, but they felt like they had to help look for her.

"I'll go inside and see if anyone's seen her" Jade said. The other two nodded in agreement, and carried on looking for anything that might tell them where Leigh-Anne was.

Jade walked into the building, and saw that all the lights were out. There was no receptionist, so she assumed that everyone had gone home. Then she heard a scream coming from the door at the bottom of the stairs in the corner. Of course! Leigh-Anne had said she was in a basement! Jade suddenly felt adrenaline pump through her veins.

She wanted to run down there straight away and save her girlfriend, but she knew that she could help more if she told the police and the other girls. She ran outside and told one of the police officers that was trying to find Leigh-Anne, who said that when backup arrived they would go and see if it was Leigh-Anne. Jade just wanted to see her girlfriend as soon as possible, and as she couldn't find Perrie or Jesy she realised she would have to go in alone. She picked up a brick off the ground and put it in her handbag, wincing slightly as dirt got all over her stuff. For Leigh-Anne, she thought. She walked back into the building and crept down the stairs. She put her hand on the door handle, and took a deep breath. She opened the door.

Jade gasped when she saw Leigh-Anne lying on the floor. She was half-naked, dirty and messy haired with a cut on her cheek which had blood pouring out of it. One of her legs was bent at a strange angle. She wasn't looking at Jade; Her eyes were focused with horror on someone else who had his back to the door. Jade looked at the man, and she recognised him. Sam! She felt her anger build inside her as she saw the man who had treated her so badly in their relationship. She gasped slightly as she saw something shiny sticking out of his back pocket. A knife! Was he going to kill her? Jade ignored the fear she felt.

Then she realised Sam was about to take his trousers down, and he leant forward towards Leigh-Anne. Was he going to... no! That was HER girlfriend. She saw the horror in Leigh-Anne's eyes, and then felt angrier than she ever had before. No one could do this to Leigh-Anne. Jade was about to take the brick out of her bag, but then she had a better idea. If she threw that at his head now, it would probably hit Leigh-Anne. Instead, she leant forward and reached her hand towards his back pocket, taking the knife. Leigh-Anne still didn't see her, probably because she was so scared of what Sam was about to do to her.

Suddenly, Jade jumped in front of Sam, causing him to lose his balance and fall over backwards. She shouted "Get the fuck away from my girlfriend!" then about 5 police officers ran into the room and surrounded Sam. Jade dropped her bag and the knife and fell to the ground. She grabbed Leigh-Anne's hand.

"Leigh!" She shouted. "Leigh!"

"Jade!" Leigh said weakly. Jade realised how much blood her girlfriend was loosing, and shouted "call an ambulance!" to the police, who were handcuffing Sam ready to lead him out.

Leigh-Anne's eyes fluttered closed. almost making Jade's heart stop. "Leigh-Anne! Please! Stay with me! You're safe" She screamed, panicking. Just then, more people walked in, including doctors, paramedics and Jesy and Perrie. The doctors surrounded Leigh-Anne, and Jade lunged forward, trying in vain to get closer to her girlfriend. She felt someone grab her arms, pulling her backwards, She realised it was Jesy. Jade kept struggling to get free, and Perrie also grabbed her. She knew she couldn't get away from both of them. They pulled her out of the basement, and the three girls sat down on the sofa in the reception area, Jade in the middle with the other two still holding her arms on either side.

"They'll save her Jade. You've done what you could" Jesy said calmly.

"Yeah. If it wasn't for you Sam would still be hurting her" Perrie reminded her. "She'll be fine!"

The three girls hugged, then they saw Leigh-Anne's limp body being carried outside to the ambulance. A doctor and two police officers came and sat by them.

"What's happening?" Jade asked the doctor.

"She's unconscious due to the amount of blood she lost and the pain she's feeling from her leg, which we think is broken".

"Will she make it?" Jade asked anxiously.

"We think so, if she gets treated now. It might be a while before she wakes up again, and there is a small chance she never will" He told them.

Leigh-Anne was taken to the hospital, and Jesy went in the ambulance with her. Jade wanted desperately to go, but the police refused until she had told them exactly what happened. She sat with Perrie as she explained it all, then they got in Jesy's car and drove straight to the hospital.

"We're here to see Leigh-Anne Pinnock" She said to the receptionist.

"Floor 5, room 153" she said, and then she got back to her work.

They walked into the room and saw Leigh-Anne lying in a bed. There were a few tubes and wires in her, but at least she looked peaceful now. Jade sat down next to her and started to cry.

"We'll leave you to it" Said Jesy as her and Perrie left the room.

Jade took Leigh-Anne's hand and squeezed it. "I love you" She told the sleeping girl. "You'll make it. I know how strong you are. Please wake up. Please don't leave me!" She sobbed.