Chapter VIII- Blind

First day of First Jam, woke up so early, thanks to my alarm clock...

Before I left for school my aunt’s package from Japan arrived, with no one in the house, I decided to open the large boxes since Mom isn’t here yet, and I’m sure she wouldn’t mind if I open these, she’s not really into imported goods. It’s still 6am though. Opening the box, seeing a some kind of helmet, a weird helmet actually. As I looked more into it, I saw games and CD’s with different games on it; I opened the box of the helmet and read the instructions...

So this is a nerve gear, it works with a rechargeable battery or when plugged too, inputting the CD on the CD section and setting up game with your language, create your avatar and skills; after setting up you put the nerve gear on and so playing Super Mario with it like you are Mario, you are like sent to the Mario world, you move like a person, you even eat there, just like exactly the same in the real world but your real body doesn’t move it’s as what you left it. It’s like your brain and mind is transferred on the avatar you created and move as you wish, it’s like living another world. This is really going to be fun; I hope my Aunt will send me more of like this so I could play with Levy and my friends too, I’m sure Levy will really love this.

Seeing the CD left by Levy, I inserted it on and played it through nerve gear. Created my player as swordswoman, I edited my face making it more good looking, I was so excited setting up with the game, the server asked for a username, I couldn’t figure out what name I’d use, until I remembered my one and only moment with Mom when we were watching Azumi that was the only happy moment I shared for her and both liked the movie so much. I started typing in my username and decided to be Asuna, Asu for Azumi and Na, for Natsu...

I hope they are doing really fine right now, just when I was about to put the nerve gear on, I received a message from Natsu..

“Good morning princess, don’t forget 8am later for Levy’s entry, I’ll be waiting for you on the gate. I love you”

Thankyou for remembering me Natsu, you must’ve been really busy. After replying to his message I placed the nerve gear on my head and started playing...

The moment it started, I could see a light it was bright that it could nearly hurt me eyes, I think I could go blind. The bright light lasted for about 10 seconds and then I couldn’t see anything anymore... It felt like I lost my eyesight already. I couldn’t see anything, I keep reaching my hands for something to hold on to but I couldn’t just touch anything, I tried pulling of the nerve gear on my head, I was crying and was scared to death what’s going to happen to me.  The world seemed blank, I screamed as loud as I could but my voice isn’t coming out, I kept running away but it felt like not. I couldn’t see anything but black...