Chapter XV- Broken

Arriving on the real world, I took off the nerve gear, feeling relieved I think. Am I really relieved? Is this my revenge to what Natsu did? I can’t seem to be clear with myself too? Tomorrow, everything will be cleared. I’m breaking up with Natsu already. I could feel that I’m going to fall for Kirito, and we confirm each others’ decision, we’ll find each other in this world, we’ll know each other for real and fall in love for real. Kirito, are you the one for me? After Kirito’s advice about wearing the nerve gear more than 5 hours, I realized how dangerous this game could be.

Why was it so easy for me to forget Natsu like this, I mean shouldn’t I be hurting right now? Crying or confronting him? I looked into the mirror, blink these tears away Luce, everything will be fine. Staring at the mirror, I noticed my eyes swollen, and my face bloated, why do I look like this when I didn’t even cry.

Until the next morning, I went to school in the morning without turning my phone on.

“Lucy, what happened to you? Where were you?” Jellal ran unto me.

“What happened to your eyes? You sick?” Gray asked.

They were all so concerned, didn’t notice Levy. Where could she be? With Natsu?

“where’s Natsu?” Loke asked me.

Natsu, Zeref and Levy aren’t three; these three are suspicious since yesterday, so they’re together right now. I shouldn’t have introduced Levy to them.

“Hey! Are you okay?” Jellal asked.

I stepped forward to Jellal and leaned my head on his shoulders, I couldn’t help but cry. I feel like something is squeezing my heart so tight, feels like I have to catch every breath I take, I feel like crying as loud as I could. I wanted someone to hug me, make me feel secure and safe. I need someone who’s going to assure that everything’s going to be fine. Gray gave me a tap, telling me to stop crying.

“Hey, hey! Look at me. Look at me” Gray said.

I looked at him and he wiped my tears,

“Everything’s going to be alright. Trust me” Gray assured. I nodded and suddenly, Levy arrives.

“What’s wrong here? What happened to you? What did you guys do to her?” she asked acting so concerned.

I wiped my tears away, and gave her the best smile I could.

“Nothing’s going wrong Levy, you’re here now! Everything’s going to be fine. You are my one and only best friend whom I could trust. Right?” I said. How I wish I could just directly kick her and pull her hair off. I started talking nonsense and laughed.

Gray, Loke and Jellal exchanged glances as they couldn’t figure out what they saw. They must be wondering why I cried earlier then suddenly I smile and laugh like a witch.

“Luce, is there something happening? hehe, you kept laughing” Levy asked with a forced laugh.

“No! Nothing’s wrong, Natsu and I just broke up! That’s all. Doesn’t matter, anyway let’s not talk about it, It’s just a waste of time” I said with a smile. No water eyes.

The four became silent,

“Luce, I didn’t know...” Levy started.

I stopped her before she could say anything else,

“No worries, I’m okay” I said stepping backwards away from them.

“I’m fine. I really am.” I assured as I ran away from them.

Heading home, I couldn’t make it. I can’t do something like this to Levy; I mean this is all wrong. I can’t take revenge on her, maybe to Natsu I could but not to her.