Chapter XII- Partnership

When I got in my room, I turned on the computer and plugged in the nerve gear, turning it on and experiencing the opening of the game which is the shiny light followed by a dark vision.

When I arrived inside the video game, I looked for no one but my one and only friend, I was kind of sad of forgetting to add him on my friend’s list from my menu, maybe I’d find him later. I’m sure he’s out there searching for opponents to increase his level as what he always does.

Finding him on the map, looks like he hasn’t logged in yet. I roamed around in the place and an opponent showed up, an ugly looking beast with saliva on his mouth, he only got an eye and is bringing a some kind of a bat. Is this beast a baseball player? He sure sucks! I stood up and check on his information and found out that he was the stage 6 master. If I beat this, I think I’d get higher EXP again and this is a perfect timing because Kirito isn’t here yet, I’d probably get this and maybe when he comes back I’d be in a higher level than him.. Excellent! But, Will I be able to defeat this ugly beast? I took my sword out from my back and started selecting skills on my menu that could possibly help me defeat this beast.  While selecting a skill, I just noticed that the beast slowly lied down and his life meter decreasing to 5. Then I looked to the right and there I saw the hero of my life, Kirito. The light from his sword, the fast moving ability he has, so enchanting.

“Hey! Stop talking to yourself, give him the last shot” He said. Is he ordering me? Then, I realized he made me do the last action to raise my level again... Why is he so nice to me, taking off my sword again and slays the beast in one fast move, and boom! He was killed and my EXP raised again, I’m in level 8.. I defeated the beast. I’m really good. I ran to Kirito to thank him, he didn’t respond and just stared unto me.

“I have to leave now, be safe! I guess you are in a higher level already. Hope you’re contented and will never call me a prey stealer again. I hope we’ll never meet again. Good luck!” he said. Wait? Wasn’t that mean? We just became friends the other day and now he’s talking to me like this? He’s such a mean person, feeling great about him; he’s not even that good. I started walking through my next target place to stage 2. Walking alone looking for opponents, why did Kirito left me all alone? I wish he liked me, but that doesn’t mean I like him too. I wonder where he is from, Philippines? US? Japan? Let’s stop talking about Kirito, let’s forget him Luce, He left you.  While walking I could feel something strange behind, this could be a good target to practice with, I hope it’s just as easy as the boar that I encountered earlier.

Waiting for the target to come out for almost 5 mins, why is he not showing himself to me? Is he scared knowing that I am so strong now?

“Whoever you are, come out! Fight me; accept the fact that I’m a lot stronger than you are.” I screamed threatening the target. He still didn’t show up, I was kind of feeling scared already, turning around to see what’s coming behind me, should I just scream for Kirito’s name? But why should I? I should just try to defeat this, I’ll do this. If ever I lose and my games over then I’ll have a new game again. Simple!

“I’m not scared, I’m totally not so you better come out there” I said again.

Suddenly, Kirito jumps off. I run to him and hugged him in no second thinking,

“I was so scared!” I whispered. Then he starts laughing. “Did I scare you that much?” he said.  Realizing, so it was him who has been following me and giving me strange feelings. Look who’s here, the one who hoped not to meet each other again, why is he following me? Does he like me too?

“Why are you following me?” I asked sounding mad and annoyed.

“My mom told me to follow my dreams” he answered. Is he some kind of joking here? So I am his dreams? Yeeee! No I’m not affected. Duh, he’s trying to play with me. Liar.