Cold Days

(The music above is not mine and all rights go to the created of this song and it is one of my favorites so please check out this song)
We left Alex in the snow. Mark and I thought that Alex would just want to lay there in the snow. I stopped crying and faced the facts. Just Mark and I. Me and Mark. Just us. I walked beside Mark and looked back at Alex and said in a whisper "You went far, rookie, great job",.

Mark heard me and smiled at me. We started to walk further and Mark put his hand to the side. I grabbed  Marks hand with my right hand and Marks eyes opened widely then he said "Wade was right...I really am rapped around your little finger",.

I giggled and Mark held my hand tightly. The wind started to pick up but we kept walking. Every once in a while I would look at Mark face and see his brown eyes through his glasses and then he would notice me and smile.

"Crap there is a snowflake in my eye", I said as I tried to rub my eye. Mark laughed. The wind started to pick up and we decided to find some where to camp for the night. Turns out that we were heading towards a state park.

"There is bound to be a bathroom there we can take shelter in", Mark said putting up his coat hoodie. We came to a sign reading: Alabama State Park

"We're in Alabama?", I said.

"I guess so", Mark said as we began to walk up the trail as the snow fell even harder than before. I pushed though and me and Mark stumbled upon the park rangers office. The office door was closed so me and Mark had to push all of the snow out of the way to just get in! After we got in the bathroom we figured out that there was blood everywhere.

"What do you suppose happened in here?", I asked.

"Book club maybe?", Mark guessed. "What ever it was,the blood it left and the awful smell is dreadful",.

"I know", I gagged. We found a corner not covered in blood and sat next to each other Mark gave me a small blanket that I rapped around my shoulders. Mark also gave himself a blanket.

"How long do you want to stay", I asked.

"Until the storm blows over", Mark said. "I can't even feel my toes",.

I frowned at him. His lips were a shade of purple and his face was white like he had seen a ghost even his hands were ice cold.

"But don't worry about me... You look even worse your self", Mark said.

"What do you mean?", I asked frowning.

"Your ice blue and your lips are so dry... And you got a runny nose", Mark said.

"I know", I said.

I had been dealing with the runny nose the whole walk here. We sat in silence and then we began to give each other stupid jokes.

"What do you get when two giraffes run in to each other?", I asked.

"I don't know, what is the answer?", Mark answered.

"A Graffic-jam", I said laughing.
Mark laughed and smiled.

Night began to fall because we could see that the light out the window was starting to darken.
Mark got up and stepped over the pool of blood and went to a door reading "Supply closet",.

I sat and waited until Mark came out with a flower pot that was a shade of blue and a small box filled with cloth.

"What are those for?", I asked.

"To start a fire with the matches we got from the cabin", Mark said sitting the pot in front of me as he sat down next to his backpack and pulled out one of the match boxes we had. He took one match out and hit it against the striker on the box and on the 3rd try the match lit up. Mark instructed me to put the cloth in the blue pot and I did as I was told. Mark put the match in the pot and the cloth lit fire.

"Quick put your hands over the fire.. Before it goes out", Mark said. I saw him slip over his words. And you could see his breath and mine too. I held my hands over the fire and smiled. Heat was like a breath of fresh air when you have not been around it that long. The fire dimmed after five minutes and we continued the process like before. We did this for a while until Mark made the small fire then he laid down.

"You should go to bed..", Mark said. "Tomorrow is another day....",.

I heard the light snores that escaped Marks mouth and I let one last choking breath and watched the air from my mouth disappear before laying down. I closed my eyes and just prayed that tomorrow would not be like the others but to be a better one for both me and Mark.
Dream
-----------------------------------
I opened my eyes to see me standing in a forest filled with thankfully no snow and I could hear the cheerful sound of the birds chirping. Then I heard voices. I turned around and saw Jack, Wade, Bob, and the others that had perished. They just stood there and smiled.

"Guys..", I said.

Then there was a big flash of light and not only did all the people in my group that were death where there now there was Mark with his arm on Jacks shoulder smiling and then he approached me. I ran up to Mark and hugged him. I had no idea why he was here but then he got down to my size and started to talk.

"No matter what happens, Maddie, just know that we are all with you each and everyone of us", Mark said.

"Your with me Mark", I said. Mark frowned and pointed behind our group where both Felix's (the one from the store and one of Marks friends), Ryan, Matt, Toby, and Ryan was standing next to another guy which I had never met before but then came to conclusion that it was Daniel, Ryan's lost friend. I began to cry until Mark hugged me again and said "You are the greatest kid ever",.

Mark let me go and I screamed Marks name but he did not turn back and went back to where he stood with Jack. I looked to see everyone waving at me and then dream ended.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Thanks for all the support, you guys are the best and new chapters are coming soon!