Tempted

Just as another day passed by, Kaerin slept in a table, she was busy reading the seals in the scrolls that were stolen by the Senju.

Yes, she came from this clan.

Those scrolls were given to her to improve her medical skills in battle. It's the fact that she is the only girl who is able to fight in a war in their clan.

Most women stayed at home, to keep safety and do chores that man shouldn't care of. Women need to maintain the cleanliness while serving; and man do need to fight for their own clan.

That's their purpose.

But, what about those kunoichi who has the potential to fight and not dealing with chores inside a clan? It would be better somehow; as it enlightens the equality and strength for men and women to fight together. It isn't bad to try it anyway.

It will be easier for them to win.

Upon guessing it, the role of a woman for a man is often the one who takes quite good care of them. In fact, men wanted to keep them protected.

Geez.

As her cousin, Hashirama, saw her sleeping with the rest of the scrolls found on the table and on the floor, his eyes softened.

Kaerin was stressing herself again, he knows she isn't sleeping well at night, and he knows what is her relationship with Madara. Hashirama walked over the table, looking one of the scrolls Kaerin was still holding while she is sleeping.

He frowned a bit to get a closer look but instead, Kaerin's hand twitched and groaned.

Hashirama sighed, "Kira-san. Get a hold to yourself." He said, trying to make his voice soft and clear for Kaerin.

Her eyes opened slowly then she closed them a bit as when she saw the light. As soon as she adjusted her eyes, she tilted her head and faced Hashirama. "Are you really... memorizing these all?" He asked, looking to all the scrolls.

Kaerin just give him a nod. She didn't figure out lately that she had been holding a scroll while sleeping. She was quite lost to herself last night, she had been memorizing just another scroll, it wasn't about medical ability.

Kaerin realize why every scrolls were all over the place.

"Kira-san?" He tried to call her.

Kaerin frowned, she tried to lift up the other scroll she was holding. There was another one. A different kind of seal, it wasn't like the others.

It's a forbidden scroll; You can connect telepathically with other person for a long time, it might be on trouble or not, it will work. Just writing the name using a blood and it might happen.

Kaerin stared at it before putting down the other scroll she was holding. Hashirama saw her face, it was obvious she was planning something.

"Kira-san?"

"Yeah?"

"I suggest you may rest now." Hashirama said as he sat down in the opposite direction of his cousin. "Memorizing medical scrolls won't work if you're not focused on it."

Kaerin stopped from reading one of the scrolls and glanced at him. Hashirama knows these are all about Madara coming through her ways. Nonetheless, no matter everytime she should tell everything about Madara, it will be just fine.

Kaerin didn't want his help, but as her cousin, she can't deny his hospitality. It was already Hashirama's personality. A strong yet dependable one, someone that she can really trust since she does not have any siblings in the clan and her parents died in a war at such a young age.

Hashirama understood her pain of losing a sibling and therefore, it his responsibility to stand in a position as a cousin and a brother to Kaerin. 

With that, he did not also want to hurt Kaerin emotionally about Madara's disappearance for years knowing she could not bear the loss of her loved ones.

Nonetheless, she stood up and picked up the scrolls from the wooden floor, she tried to fix everything and Hashirama was looking at her. No wonder, she is still distracted.

"I don't get it, Hashirama." Kaerin said as she was moving around, cleaning the whole table. "He promised me..."

"You just need to be patient. Don't overthink. He'll come back."

Come back?

Her cousin's voice went through her head and it repeated a lot of times. She did a couple of handsigns, to keep the scrolls safe from her hands.

"I'll be going." Kaerin announced.

"Don't tell me you're going to find Madara?"

Kaerin groaned, "I won't, bakayarou."

Hashirama sulked in depression as Kaerin just gave her a sweet smile and disappeared into a puff of smoke. It gave her a feeling of trying to take some time about the forbidden one.

Should I... Entertain myself with that?

~