Chapter 7

When I woke up Kiyare's arms were wrapped around me protectively. I was just studying his face, I swear every single part of this man is perfect. He said "it's not polite to stare pretty."

I said "you do what you want when you poppin'. But move your arms I gotta pee!"

He said "ugh fine." I got up did my hygiene and used the bathroom. When I came back he said "you wanna go get breakfast ma?"

I said "sure I gotta get dressed first." I went into our closet and put on black jeans, a burgundy shirt, long burgundy socks, black mk riding boots, and a black cargo jacket. Then I put my makeup on, he pulled me towards him and made me give him a kiss. We left and went to iHop. When we finally got our food and we were eating. I was bagging up because he showed me a video of his mom cussing Kianne out. When we finished eating, we were walking out and I heard a gunshot. I looked behind me and it was a guy who just looked like a drug dealer, but he was perfectly fine. I looked forward and there was a man dressed in all black. I looked at Kiyare and he had blood on his shirt, then he fell. The guy in all black looked like shit I shot the wrong guy. I got down next to him, I screamed "SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE WHAT THE FUCK." The drug dealer looking guy called an ambulance I'm guessing, I was crying. I said "baby keep your eyes open please, baby Kj needs a daddy, we can't lose you baby. Come on keep your eyes open, I love you. We need you please keep your eyes open." 2 minutes later the ambulance was here, they got him in and said I couldn't go in there, they said I'm not his wife nor his fiancé. I started crying, how the fuck am I suppose to get there.

They drove off as fast as they could, the drug dealer looking guy said "do you need a ride to the hospital?"

I said "yes please oh my god."

We got into his car quickly there were 2 boys in the back seat. He drove as quick as he could without getting a ticket, he said "is your boyfriend in the game?"

I said "no, I seen the guys face. That bullet wasn't meant for him man."

He said "fuck man, I'm so sorry."

I said "it's not your fault."

The boy in the back said "Hi I'm Shyair."

I said "I'm Chantel."

The boy in the driver seat said "I'm Dawan."

Then the other boy in the back said "I'm Nyair."

We talked more about what happened and then pulled up to the hospital. I jumped out so quick and the boys came in behind me, and the nurse said he was in surgery. So I finally called his mom.

Phone Call
Mom: Hey pretty.
Chantel: Mom, Kiyare got shot.
Mom: Wait where? Is he ok?
Chantel: In front of iHop and I don't know they won't tell me, all they said was he's in surgery.
Mom: Why won't they tell you anything other than that?
Chantel: They said I'm just his girlfriend. They wouldn't even let me ride in the ambulance with him. I can't do this mom, they won't tell me anything and it's killing me.
Mom: I'm coming there right now okay? I love you.
Chantel: I love you too, I'll see you when you get here.

I was sitting in the chair really crying my eyes out, fuck I needa be strong for Kj if I'm not then it could kill him. I had my hands on my stomach and I was doing a silent prayer for Kj and Kiyare. My crying started to lighten up, then his mom walked in. She came and sat with me 3 hours later. The doctor came out and said "Family of Kiyare Jackson?"

His mom said "yes."

He said "Kiyare pulled through but he is in a coma."

I just started crying even more, his mom pulled me closer to him. She said "do you think he will wake up soon?"