Chapter 1

Hello! I'm really excited to be writing this book. Please note that this chapter isn't fantastic, but stick with me throughout this journey and the book will get better. Please tell me what you guys think! I love to read the comments you might have in mind and I will try my best to reply to them. (if I get any) With that being said, please enoyyy

~

Claire's POV

"No Emily, put that back. It's not yours." I kneel down to my one year old daughter and take the mini football beanbag out of her hand and place it back on the shelf.

"Here, take this sweetie." I reach in my bag and hand her, her little chew keys. Even though she is almost done teething, it still comes in handy. She takes the toy and starts to cheer in excitement, rattling the toy in the air. I smile.

"Mom! Look! I want this one." He comes around the aisle holding up a soccer ball. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and look up. I pick up Emily and walk over to him.

"Sure, what's the price?"

"Um." Turning the box over, he looks at the price. "Twenty dollars." I bite my lip; twenty dollars for a soccer ball? Seriously? We came to Target to look for a soccer ball for my eldest son, Aden. I set Emily down to her feet.

Let me tell you a bit about my life. I live in Washington D.C with my husband of two years, William and two kids. I am currently 22 and he's 23. I have an almost to be one year old, Emily and a son named Aden who is 5. I got pregnant at the age of 17. I was in high school at the time with my husband- my boyfriend during that time period. There was this new thing going on where everyone was "hooking up" and doing it. So, me being naïve person I was, I went ahead and tried it so I can be cool and "fit" in. Of course, I had to take responsibility of my actions and suffer the consequences of my choices in life. I was blessed with two kids. I have to admit, that sometimes I think about how different my life would be. But I love my kids, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I sigh, "Sure, why not. But don't lose it."

"Yes! Thank you mom!" He cheers, running to tackle me for a hug. Soon, we hear something hitting the floor. We look over to see that Emily had not only thrown her toy on the floor, but other things along with her off the shelf. I quickly run over to her.

"Emily! No, no, no baby. What did I say earlier, these aren't your toys. Aden, can you help me pick these up, please? And place them back on the shelf. While you're at it, hand me her toy." He nods while starting to pick up the miniature toys, along with Emily's. Handing it to me, I place it back in my bag while taking out another toy. Since she threw it on the floor, it's contaminated with who knows what.

"Here, you like Mr.Fluffy don't you?" I hand her a pink stuffed bunny. She takes it and throws it on the floor. She runs back to the shelves and begins to take down the items that Aden had just started placing back. Aden starts to laugh at his little sisters fit. I send him a glare so he knows to stop laughing at her. Because laughing just encourages little toddlers to continue on.

I rub my temples and start walking over to Emily. "Okay baby girl, this isn't going to work your way, now is it?" Picking her up and manage to take all the toys off the floor and place them back on the shelf. She starts to scream and wiggle around in my arms. As she is doing so, people start to notice and stare. I put her down so I can carry her back up properly. This isn't the first time she puts up a fight at the grocery store. I try to find someone who can babysit her at times, but with everyone always being busy, I have to be a "stay at home mom". Besides, it's not like I had a choice to chose anyway. On the bright side I get to have the kids all day; everyday. Yay me.