[7] Senpai Notice Me

Valerie hid behind the corners of the bleachers and frequently glanced behind it to check if a certain older guy was there.

He's still there. Val fangirled. Admiring the beautiful sculpture of his face and form of his body. His tall figure made him easily seen along with the basketball varsity uniform he wore. The school's logo, a pug, and the colors blue and yellow. Valerie stared at his face, he was smiling, talking to other players in the gym. The guy which Valerie was admiring was named Ben Ranger, and he was absolutely stunning in her eyes.

"What are you doing?" Somebody asked, Val looked behind her and saw a girl with brown cropped hair and bright green eyes.

Valerie frowned. "Who are you?"

She frowned for a bit. "I asked you first, but I'll answer. I'm Fae, Now may I ask what are you doing?"

"Uhh, I'm admiring the bleachers."

"That's good to hear." She replied monotonously. "Now please move, you're blocking the way."

"Woops, sorry." Valerie excused herself out of the way as Fae entered the gym and sat on the bleachers.

It didn't take long when one of the guys Ben was talking to approached her. Valerie noticed it was one of those new students from last year, and he was wearing that same varsity uniform as her crush. He walked to her with a big smile and gave her a small kiss on the lips. They did some talking until he was finally called out. After he left, Val's mouth was in agape.

She ran to Fae in lightning speed, and when she saw her coming, she rose a brow. "What is it this time?"

Valerie was tempted to ask her, but then, now's not the time to hesitate. "H-how do you get a b-boyfriend!?"

Fae was looking up at Valerie, and when she stood up, she immediately towered over her small frame. Fae crossed her arms and looked at her pointedly. "What year are you in?"

"Third."

"Hm, so you're younger than me." Then she trailed off, looking into some part in the court as they both heard shoes squeaking and the basketball bouncing. "Then, who are you interested in? I bet he's here right now."

Valerie nodded. "Yes! It's Ben, I like Ben very much."

"What's your name then?" She pointed out, raising her nose upwards, as if she were looking down at her.

"Valerie Hughes."

Fae squinted her eyes and put her hands on her lips. "Well, it's not like I have to help a stranger just after we met. You sorta remind me of my old self." She grinned. "That's perfect! You're like the Ariel and I'm one of your sisters."

Valerie frowned. "You still watch Disney movies?"

Fae flipped her hair away and looked at her with accusing eyes. "What? I don't watch R-18 like you people." Val gave her a sheepish grin. "Great, you do."

Valerie bit her lip and looked up at her questioningly. "How do I get somebody to notice me?"

Fae looked at her with confidence in her eyes. "That, my dear girl, is what I'll be teaching you."

-

"In Disney movies, you have to be like, pretty or something." Fae grumbled, looking at Valerie's choice of clothing in distaste.

Val frowned. "But, others just wear rags and stuff. Besides, this is real life--"

"Then you won't catch his attention with rags in real life." She interrupted. Val paused, she had a point.