[16] Drunk Pt. 2

Okay, I really don't know what my relationship is with Storm. I sighed, leaning on my locker, it's cold metal cooling my aching head. It were just a few hours ago about that girl's restroom thing, and he and I had not made contact at all.

No, I wasn't thinking about us having any particular relationship.

Yes, I might have kissed him when I was drunk.

No, I don't think I have any feelings for Storm.

And no, I don't think we're friends at all.

I groaned and glanced at the clock, it's hands ticking down to whatever time it is. I frowned, when will school end already? Just then, another one of those inner circles passed down the hallway, people parting the way for him like Moses in the red sea, I recognized it is Dustin, those quarterbacks. We made eye contact and I immediately turned away, knowing what's going to happen.

"Yo, party queen!" He grinned, his hands in his jersey pockets. His blue eyes shining in excitement.

I stiffly turned my head to him, it would be too rude to ignore. "H-hey.."

He chuckled, leaning on the locker beside me as I heard hushed whispers of the students around us. "No need to be shy, in fact. To whom do I owe the pleasure of the presence of the Queen?" He winked and mocked a bow.

I blushed, embarrassed. He didn't need to do that, in front of everybody else. "Uhh.." I definitely didn't expect that.

He glanced up at me from his bow and stood up properly, he grinned. "Another party is coming up again with Trevor's, this time, he's taking it at the riverside cliff at Jamie's. You're gonna be there, right?"

He's expecting me to go? I mean, why wouldn't he? After the last stunt I just pulled? I screamed internally inside, he isn't the first to say that. First, it was Stacy the cheerleader and her gang, and then it were Josie and her uhm--slutty gang, except they didn't kindly invite me, add the insults and harsh throwbacks.

I nodded, dumbfounded. "Yeah. Sure. I'll be there." I gave him a thumbs-up. Okay, seriously Melody Harper, you have social issues, stop being awkward!

But I can't.

That's my talent.

He furrowed his brows but chose not to mind the weird action I just did earlier. "Okay then. I'll see you there." Then he left.

After he was out of my sight, I sighed out aloud. If I have friends, I would need them right now.

-

School is over and I blessed the heavens. I rushed outside, feeling happy. It was time for me to leave this hell-hole! I couldn't stop the grin on my face, but then I remembered this was what I felt like when I got drunk in that party. I was happy for no reason, but this? It's a bit downgrading because I know I'll have to go back in this hell-hole, again. I rolled my eyes.

Whatever, let me feel the moment.

Walking away from school, I was still on the parking grounds, and I could still see cars. I was never jealous of their cars because I didn't have one. I take the bus everyday. You wanna know why I'm not jealous? I wouldn't have to drive every day, and not pay for expensive gas. I smiled to myself, going home seems better now, I'm just a few kilometers away.

I looked around, enjoying early Autumn's view. The green leaves turning orange-ish-brown. People still looking at me and taking pictures, I walked faster and bowed down my head, avoiding their advanced gadget, unlike mine, Nokia 3310. Without looking, I bumped into something, and with instinct I said sorry, even if it was an inanimate object.