[9] Horoscopes

note; when her friends appear, just know that a day had already passed and it was already the time of tomorrow. im too lazy to edit.

"Sagittarius will have luck for a month if they wear a bronze necklace for the whole day." I mumbled, reading the daily Horoscope magazine on Rita's bed.

Rita only put on fresh manicure on her nails, not caring what ever I'm mumbling about. I frowned, looking for Virgo. Virgo rarely shows up in the Horoscope magazines, and Rita got her free coupon in a restaurant once because of me. She better be thankful she's Aquarius. I groaned out loud in frustration and threw the magazine away and plopped myself further on her bed.

"Nothing says anything about Virgo!" I whined, throwing tantrums and kicking my feet on her well prepared bed.

She only rolled her eyes and applied violet nail polish on her toes. "Rosalie, I don't believe in fortune telling, palm reading, or Horoscope tell tales, you just have to admit that one time about the coupon was just coincidence."

I shook my head. "I remember Aquarius will have plentiful stomach and won't be suffering any kinds of hunger."

"It was just a coincidence." She sighed, looking down at the piles of magazines I bought from the convenience store. She took one and flipped through the pages. "Why do you even buy these?"

I sat up straight and pouted at her. "When we visited Grandma in Pasadena, she taught me about superstitions and everything else, so I am terrified of black cats!" I remember Rita didn't stay with her because grandma's stories terrify her when she was nine, and I was 8.

Rita furrowed her brows. "Hey hang on, this one has Virgo."

I rolled my eyes. "I bought that a few months ago."

She shook her head no, opening her mouth to read it. "Once the season changes, Virgo has a perfect chance to find her one true love."

I froze, looking outside, it's Autumn. My eyes widened and I turned to look at her with a big smile on my face. "My one true love?" This is new, I always looked forward for luck or money.

Rita smirked and brought the magazine closer when I tried to take it away and see for myself. She rose it above her head and continued to read. "Virgos have a big chance to find him/her when their favorite flower are around or given."

I squealed, very excited. I jumped on Rita as she struggled to carry my weight and I hugged her tightly. "Can you believe it!? I'm going to meet my true love!" I chattered, talking about my favorite flower Lilies.

She looked uneasy though. "I don't know.. I never believe in soulmates and true love." She trailed off, not making eye contact with me. "I think you should just let things be."

I groaned out loud. "But it's been months since I saw a Virgo appear in magazines. I buy them every week!" I pouted at her and gave my best puppy eyes.

She looked into my eyes and then gave in. "Fine, I'm gonna set you up in blind dates."

My face burst a smile and hugged her tighter as she yelped. "Thankyothankyouthankyou." I paused and pulled myself back. "Tell them to bring flowers."

She rose a brow. "I thought it's supposed to be Lilies."

I shook my head. "Who knows, maybe they aren't my soulmate."

She nodded, getting the idea. "You're right."

I grinned. I'm excited. I stood up from the hug and apologized I ruined her nail polish as I looked at her toes. She let out a shriek and sobbed because she worked hard for it and I rubbed my nape and awkwardly stood there.