Chapter 5

"Where have you two been?!" Iggy asked, slightly panicking, as you two entered the castle. "Isn't it obvious?" You replied, pointing to Ludwig's hair.

"Doesn't matter! Just go to Wendy and make something up! She's gonna explode any second now!" He explained.

He quickly swept you from your feet, and carried you all the way to Wendy's room, where he then put you down, and opened the door. "She's here!" Iggy sighed.

"Where have you been?! You had me worried!" She yelled. She sounded a bit like a mother would after you'd returned really late at night. But she of coarse, was nothing like your mother.

"I just went to help Ludwig with something. No biggy." You said. "Ludwig? But....I'm supposed to do what you say. Not him. And besides, why didn't you at least leave a note?" Wendy asked.

"I didn't have time for notes earlier! And well Wendy, how about I tell you to let me hang out with the guys for just today..." You began to explain. You immediately noticed her mood change.

You noticed her cheeks beginning to turn red, and a frown had crossed her face, you also noticed her getting tense, and making fists.

"Get....out...of...my....room...NOW!" She boomed. She then made copies of the hoops on her wrists, and began to launch them towards you. From past experience, you knew those things could be as heavy as metal.

You quickly got out the room, slamming the door behind your back. "Way to go (Y/n), now she's gonna treat everyone like complete GARBAGE!" Roy growled.

You sighed, and slowly walked out the castle. You then sat at the front steps of the castle. Sometimes you truly wondered how you put up with her.

But then a memory flashed through your mind.

'It was a summer, you were young at the time. You remember playing in the park with your friends, you were all playing on the large playground. Or...the ship as you all knew it back then.

You remember pretending to be the captain of the ship. You'd usually turn the wheel there, and look all around the park, observing it's beauty. Or the beauty of it being a playground at the moment.

But that day you'd noticed someone playing at the sandbox alone. You couldn't quite see their face, but you could tell that they weren't very much enjoying it. "I'll return matey's" You'd announced, before departing the ship.

You "sailed" to the small "island" and settled there. "Hi." You said, while taking a seat next to the someone you'd seen earlier. But now you could make up their features.

She was a koopa, she had a pink shell with grayish rings around the spikes, she wore pink high heels, and large golden hoops around her wrists. She also had blue eyes, and wore a large pink bow with white polka dots. But one thing that made her seem familiar, was her plump pink lips.

She looked up at you, studying your features. "Hi...." She mumbled. "What's your name?" You asked. "Wendy...." She whispered. "My name is (Y/n). Are you shy?" You asked noticing her silence.

She giggled at this. "What's so funny?" You asked slightly confused. "Shy is the last thing anybody would call me..." She giggled. And from there, a whole new friendship was made.'

You then returned to reality as you noticed Lemmy sitting on his circus ball in front of you. You looked a bit startled by his sudden appearance since you weren't paying attention.

"Why the long face? Smile!" He said, making a silly face. You chuckled slightly, remembering how he'd done that every time you were sad, or seemed like so, simply to cheer you up.

"She'll get over it.. And then you two will be friends again. Right?" He asked. You nodded. He was right. She usually got over it, and the two of you would later speak to one another.

"Can ya do this?" Lemmy asked, beginning to balance his circus ball over his nose. "If I had enough practice I could. But as you can see, you are the professional here." You replied.

He smiled, before putting the circus ball down, and balancing on it. "Aww shucks, you're so sweet. I've been wondering...how are ya still single?" He asked, performing a handstand.

You blushed slightly. "I-I don't know..." You chuckled nervously. "Hmm..maybe you're performing an act that I can't quite do..." Lemmy thought aloud.

"Maybe." You shrugged. "But the act's over if you accept some guy!" Lemmy warned. "Yeah. But that doesn't mean I won't leave an impressed crowd." You smirked. "True that..." He agreed.

"It sounds like a good act, but wouldn't you want to be with someone anyways? I mean, take me for example... I'm just a ring leader with everything I'd need, except someone to share my acts with. It's lonely." He explained, sitting down next to you, while holding his circus ball.

You sent him a gentle smile, before putting an arm around him.

"You still have a lot to live for, you never know when someone's gonna come up and decide they want to be with you, and spend time with ya. Don't worry about when it'll happen, just let it come naturally. Then it won't feel so lonely." You explained.

He smiled warmly at you, before giving you a hug. You hugged him back, and smiled as well.

His hugs were truly different. They weren't those types of hugs that were just a few seconds, or those that felt awkward, it was a true hug. One that made you feel as if letting go was crucial. One that was full of warmth, and care. One that made you feel like never letting go. But of course, you had to.

After a few moments, the two of you let go, and just as you did, you heard the doors creak open, before noticing Iggy. "You guys want sandwiches?!" He asked. The two of you looked up at him.

"Sure" You stated. You were a bit hungry, after all you'd gone all morning without breakfast. "Yeah!" Lemmy answered excitedly. He then jumped onto his circus ball.

He rolled up the steps, and entered the castle again. You didn't think it was possible that a ball could roll upwards on steps. You'd think "Noway, it'll totally roll down".

But knowing Lemmy, he could make anything possible, and with lots of ease.

You followed them in, and soon entered the kitchen along with them. You looked around and noticed a plate full of sandwiches, you counted about twenty.

"Made by...yours truly!" Iggy grinned, showing off his fangs. "Are these all for me?!" Lemmy asked, approaching the table quickly. Iggy quickly pulled him back.

"Hold it! There's twenty. There'd be 18, but with (Y/n), I had to make two extras! Ya see, everyone only gets two samiches! No thirds!" Iggy explained.

"If you're that good in math, why don't you ever beat Mario?" Junior questioned, entering the kitchen, and taking two sandwiches.

Iggy shrugged. "Ask logic" he stated plainly. Junior rolled his eyes before exiting the kitchen.