Chapter One

Chapter One

I wake up to the sound of alarming, as I lazily drag my arm up before letting the palm of my hand crash down on my alarm clock. As if startled, it became unstable and fell off my side table landing down on the floor. I withdrew my arm, rubbing my eyes, adjusting them to the brightness of daylight.

I dreaded waking up early for school. Saying the words 'Get up.' isn't as easy as it sounds, y'know. Knowing that it's early in the morning and you could just ditch school for sweet dreams.

But unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. Insert dramatic sigh over here.

School. Six words. It may sound harmless, like when I was younger my Mother would always tell me about her fairytale like experience of Highschool. I always thought that everything was like magic, everything would be perfect once I'm in highschool like what my Mother said. But sadly again, it doesn't work like that.

I craned my neck lower, trying to exclude myself from the loud, noisy hallway full of high school students. You know the usual, jocks, sluts, nerds. You may think that everyone has their own 'clique' but not everyone. Like me.

I bit on my lower lip, realizing I should've applied some chapstick before leaving home. But it wouldn't make any difference, I wouldn't be pretty. I have to be perfect.

Everyone loves cool, pretty, and popular. And I'm the opposite of that.

"Rae!" I turned around to face Charlotte. My best friend. Well, my only friend. I offered a small wave, before smiling at her. I didn't understand why Charlotte hangs out with me though. She has everything, money, beauty, brains. She's also popular. So I don't understand why on earth she'd rather hang out with me.

"Hello." I croaked out. She walked up to me, smiling with her pearly white before pushing my hair off my face. I groaned. "You're really pretty, Rae! Don't hide your face." She complimented. I scowled at her, "You're joking. You just pity me, stop." I smiled at her. She shook her head, "Whatever you say. But seriously." She opened her black leather bag that has been hanging loosely on her shoulder, and pulled out a bobby pin. She held it in her palm.

"No, thank you." I protested. Charlotte rolled her eyes, before grabbing my bangs that are long enough to even be bangs and pinning it back with the bobby. She stepped back. "There. Now come on, were gonna be late for literature." I let her grab my arm and drag me into Mr. Robert's literature class.

"I heard Bree is in our class today." She informed me. I raised an eyebrow, "Why?" Charlotte shrugged, "He switched classes, I guess."

Bree Wilson. One of the most popular guys, he's goodlooking I admit. But his attitude? Blegh, don't even assume. He is the most horrible person I ever encountered. Trust me on this one.

Me and Charlotte walked into class and we automatically sat at the desks at the back since nobody really sits there. It became our territory ever since. Nobody even dared to sit back there. We own it.

But not today, when my eyes caught a glimpse of someone sitting behind me. Charlotte leaned close to me and whispered, "Wilson." My eyes widened, and looked behind me and saw that usual sly grin playing on his lips. I glared. "Hey Morris." He winked at me, and I rolled my eyes, "What are you doing back here?" He shrugged, before smiling at me, "Sitting. I didn't know you were that dumb, Morris." I clenched my fist, before giving up and facing the front.

I sighed deeply. The last thing I needed was Bree invading my territory and playing with me.

Mr. Robert entered the class. "Settle down now, everyone." He looked around, and his eyes landing behind me. "We have a new student in our class. Bree." He gestured behind me, and girls started silently squealing. I rolled my eyes, such sluts.

"Now, now, girls you can flirt later, but now our focus is literature." He said. Everyone shut up, and I pray that I wouldn't be able to witness the 'flirting with Bree Wilson session'.

Everyone pulled out their notepads and pens ready to jot down the important notes Mr. Robert has to say.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." He said, placing his hands on his hips. His voice echoed through the quiet classroom, as everyone, including me, jotted down what he just said. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned to face Bree. "What?" I silently whispered, annoyance lingering in my voice. "Can I copy from you later? Too lazy." He sat back on his chair, sighing loudly. I raised an eyebrow, "No." I faced my desk and continued writing.

Who am I? His slave? Never. Over my dead, ugly body.

"Does anyone know which movie that quote is from?" Mr. Robert continued. Kara, the resident's flower child and movie lover, raised her hand up. Mr. Robert pointed a finger at her, indicating for her to speak. Kara smiled, before lowering her hand. "Forrest Gump." She said with an english accent. Mr. Robert smiled. "Correct. Could you explain what the quote means, Kara?" He leaned back on the teacher's desk.

Kara nodded. "Gladly. Each box of chocolates is different, and there is no absolute way of knowing what is in each chocolate until you bite into it." She paused for a moment, letting everyone catch up on jotting down what she just said. "Therefore, life is like a box of chocolates. Life is a mystery, everyday is a mystery."

Kara's words lingered in my mind, as I walked to the storage room to get a pencil. Ms. Torres, a math teacher, asked me to get her ten pencils from the storage room, and I gladly said yes since I have nothing better to do. It's my free time right now, and I wouldn't like getting scolded by the hall monitors.

I used the key Ms. Torres gave me to unlock the storage room, and twisted it. The knob clicked, and I pushed open the door. I flicked open the lights and gasped seeing a large figure. I grabbed a thick Math book that was sitting on a table, before walking towards the person who still didn't notice me.

As I was going near to the person, he turned around. I shrieked, clearly startled, falling backwards. I coughed because of the dust, before looking up. My eyes widened.

"Bree? What are you doing here?" He glared at me, before walking out the room leaving me wondering how the hell he got in and what he was doing.

But I know one thing for sure, Bree is a mystery.

-

So this is just the start, like a filter to the story.

Vote if you like it, and Comment if you'd like.

Subscribe for more!:p