Chapter 1

Raggedy Doctor And The Blue Box

I was in my bedroom while my little sister Amelia was in the bed next to mine. Sadly we share a room in this giant house.

"Dear Santa. Thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish. It's Easter now, so I hope I didn't wake you, but honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall." I say as I glance up at the crack that is near my bed.

"Aunt Sharon says it's just an ordinary crack, but I know it's not, because at night there's voices, so please, please, could you send someone to fix it? Or a policeman. Or a," I say but then I hear a funny sound. Then a crash. Quickly glancing over at Amelia I take a sigh of relief that she's ok and fast asleep.

"Back in a moment," I whisper as I grab my flashlight. Looking outside I find a Police Box on its side. I smile and whisper.

"Thank you, Santa." Before running downstairs. Throwing open the door I run into the garden where the blue police box lay.

Running up to the Police Box I see the doors open and a hook come out. Then a man in tattered clothes pulls himself up.

"Could I have an apple? All I can think about. Apples. I love apples. Maybe I'm having a craving? That's new. Never had cravings before," says the man. I stare at him as he continues to talk to himself.

"Whoa. Look at that!" He exclaims looking into the box. I finally get some words out.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he startles but he calms down when he looks at me.

"Just had a fall. All the way down there, right to the library. Hell of a climb back up," he exclaims with a laugh in each word.

"You're soaking wet," I point out and he looks at his clothes.

"I was in the swimming pool," he says in a 'duh' tone and I look at him confused.

"You said you were in the library," I say an she smiles.

"So was the swimming pool." He says and I am very confused. But I brush it off and get to the point.

"Are you a policeman?" I ask and he stares at me.

"Why? Did you call a policeman?" He asks and I nod.

"Did you come about the crack in my wall?" I ask again and he begins to lose his balance.

"What crack? Argh!" He yells as he falls to the ground. What a silly man.

"Are you all right, mister?" I asked concerned about how he was. He seemed a bit off.

"No, I'm fine. It's okay. This is all perfectly norm," he said as a breath of golden stuff comes from his mouth.

"Who are you?" I ask curios to figure out who this odd man is.

"I don't know yet. I'm still cooking. Does it scare you?" He asks as he brushed off his tattered clothes.

"No, it just looks a bit weird." I answered honestly.

"No, no, no. The crack in your wall. Does it scare you?" He asked and I quickly nodded my head.