Chapter 11

Never Put Me In A Trap

After kissing The Doctor and I run to catch up with the group, our hands intertwined so we won't lose each other.

"The statues are advancing along all corridors. And, sir, my torch keeps flickering," says Marco as we finally catch up. As Amy sees us run up she looks down at our hands and raises an eyebrow questioningly.

"Something going on between you two?" She asks and I give her the shut up stare. She puts her hands up in surrender and continues walking.

"Clerics, we're down to four men. Expect incoming," says Octaivan.

"Yeah, it's the Angels. They're coming. And they're draining the power for themselves," says The Doctor.

"Which means we won't be able to see them." Says Octavian

"Which means we can't stay here," I point out.

"Two more incoming," states Octavian.

"Any suggestions?" Asks River.

"The statues are advancing on all sides. We don't have the climbing equipment to reach the Byzantium," says Octavian.

"There's no way up, no way back, no way out. No pressure, but this is usually when you have a really good idea," points out River.

"There's always a way out," says The Doctor.

"There's always a way out. There's always a way out," it echoed.

"There's always a way out," says The Doctor again.

"Doctor? Can I speak to the Doctor, please?" Asks Angel Bob.

"Hello, Angels. What's your problem?" Asks The Doctor

"Your power will not last much longer, and the Angels will be with you shortly. Sorry, sir," says Angel Bob.

"Why are you telling me this?" The Doctor asks running a hand through his hair.

"There's something the Angels are very keen you should know before the end," says Bob.

"Which is?" Asks River.

"I died in fear," says Bob,

"I'm sorry?" Asked The Doctor.

"You told me my fear would keep me alive, but I died afraid, in pain and alone. You made me trust you, and when it mattered, you let me down," said Angel Bob.

"What are they doing?" Asks Amy.

"They're trying to make him angry," says River.

"I'm sorry, sir. The Angels were very keen for you to know that," apologizes Bob.

"Well then, the Angels have made their second mistake because I'm not going to let that pass. I'm sorry you're dead, Bob, but I swear to whatever is left of you, they will be sorrier," says The Doctor.

"But you're trapped, sir, and about to die," states Bob.

"Yeah. I'm trapped. And you know what? Speaking of traps, this trap has got a great big mistake in it. A great big, whopping mistake," yells The Doctor.

"What mistake, sir?" Asks Angel

"Trust me?" The Doctor asks Amy.

"Yeah," Amy says.

"Trust me?" He asks me.

"Always," I say.

"You lot, trust me?" He asks.

"Sir, two more incoming!" Yells Marco.

"We have faith, sir," says Octavian.

"Then give me your gun. I'm about to do something incredibly stupid and dangerous. When I do, jump!" He yells.

"Jump where?" Asks Octavian.

"Just jump, high as you can. Come on, leap of faith, Bishop. On my signal," says The Doctor.

"What signal?" I ask.

"You won't miss it," he tells me grabbing my hand and rubbing it.

"Sorry, can I ask again? You mentioned a mistake we made?" We heard Bob ask. The Doctor points the gun at the hull of the Byzantium.

"Oh, big mistake. Huge. Didn't anyone every tell you there's one thing you never put in a trap? If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap," says The Doctor smirking his attractive smile.

"And what would that be, sir?" Asks Bob.

"Me."He says as he shoots at the Byzantium