Chapter 8

Weeping Angels

We had just gotten back from Winston Churchill's bunker about a day or two ago. The Doctor was messing with the TARDIS as Amy and I were chatting about home.

"You need to tell him Alex," Amy whispered to me.

"I know but not right now," I whispered back. There was a loud sound that jolted Amy and I back to the Doctor.

"Wrong. Wrong. Bit right, mostly wrong. I love museums," said The Doctor as he walked to the doors of the TARIDS. Amy and I followed behind.

"Yeah, great. Can we go to a planet now? Big space ship? Churchill's bunker? You promised us a planet next," I complained.

"Alex, this isn't any old asteroid. It's the Delerium Archive, the final resting place of the headless monks. The biggest museum ever," he said happily as we made our way through.

"You've got a time machine. What do you need museums for?" Asked Amy.

"Wrong. Very wrong. Ooo, one of mine. Also one of mine," he said pointing at some objects under a glass case.

"Oh, I see. It's how you keep score," I said rolling my eyes. Then The Doctor is very taken by a square box in a case.

"Oh great, an old box," said Amy sarcastically.

"It's from one of the old starliners. A Home Box," he said back examining it.

"What's a Home Box?"

"Like a black box on a plane, except it homes. Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home with all the flight data," he replied.

"So?"

"The writing, the graffiti. Old High Gallifreyan. The lost language of the Time Lords, There were days, there were many days, these words could burn stars and raise up empires, and topple gods," said The Doctor.

"What does it say?" I ask him.

"Hello, sweetie," he says before grabbing the box.

"Doctor!" I hissed as alarms sounded and guards ran after us all the way to the TARDIS.

"Why are we doing this?" Yelled Amy.

"Because someone on a spaceship twelve thousand years ago is trying to attract my attention. Let's see if we can get the security playback working," he says back and the playback shows a woman winking at the security camera.

"I needed to see what was in your vault. Do you all know what's down there? Any of you? Because I'll tell you something. This ship won't reach its destination," said The Woman.

"Wait till she runs. Don't make it look like an execution," says one of the guards.

"Triple seven five Slash three four nine by ten. Zero twelve slash acorn....Oh, and I could do with an air corridor," she the Woman as the Doctor rushes to input the numbers.

"What was that? What did she say?" Asked Amy.

"Coordinates," replied the Doctor.

"Whoo!" He yells minutes later. He opens the door, holds out his hand and the woman comes sailing in. She lands on top of him.

"Doctor?" I ask cautiously.

"River?" Asks the Doctor.

"Follow that ship," is all she says. The doctor rushes back to the console.

"They've gone into warp drive. We're losing them. Stay close," says the woman now known as River.

"I'm trying," grunted the Doctor.