Chapter 9

Don't Blink

What? What did he mean by that? A stone can't move unless it's moved by a person or something like that.

"The hyperdrive would've split on impact. That whole ship's going to be flooded with drive burn radiation, cracked electrons, gravity storms. Deadly to almost any living thing," said The Doctor.

"Deadly to an Angel?" Asked Octavian.

"Dinner to an Angel. The longer we leave it there, the stronger it will grow. Who built that temple? Are they still around?" Asked The Doctor.

"The Aplans. Indigenous life form. They died out four hundred years ago," replied River, damn that girl knows the facts.

"Two hundred years later, the planet was terraformed. Currently there are six billion human colonists," states Octavian.

"Whoo! You lot, you're everywhere. You're like rabbits. I'll never get done saving you!" Exclaimed The Doctor.

"Sir, if there is a clear and present danger to the local population," started Octavian but he was interrupted by the Doctor.

"Oh, there is. Bad as it gets. Bishop, lock and load," said The Doctor. He likes to use that code wording. It's quite ridiculous.

"Verger, how are we doing with those explosives? Doctor Song, with me?" Asked Octavian.

"Two minutes. Sweetie, I need you," said River.

"Sweetie?" Asked Amy as she followed the Doctor over to where River was.

"Anybody need me? Nobody?" I asked. No reply. Sighing I go back into the Module and looks at the image of the Angel on the monitor. It's face is raised from his hands and starting to look over its shoulder.

"Doctor Song? Did you have more than one clip of the Angel?" I called out of the door.

"No, just the four seconds," she replied. Confused at how the angel had moved I turned back to the screen. The Angel is now looking straight at the viewer, hands completely lowered. The time stamp has moved as far as 00:11:28:04 before jumping back to 00:11:24:23. When I look away from the minister for only a few seconds and look back it is closer to the camera. Then I hear a click. The door had locked itself.

I try turning off the monitor, but it comes back on again, and again, and again. To get a better look I move closer.

"But you're just a recording. You can't move," I mutter to myself. I try to pull out the lead to the monitor. When I looks back up, the Angel is up close to the camera, but the time stamp is still running through the same four seconds.

"Doctor?" I called walking over to the door trying to open it. It won't budge. Looking back at the screen the angel's mouth is open.
"DOCTOR!" I screamed. Then the Angel appears in the room. I am very freighted right now. It's supposed to be a recording.

"Doctor! It's in the room!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

"Alex!" I hear the Doctor tell from outside.

"Doctor!" I yelled back.

"Are you all right? What's happening?" He asks.

"The Angel, it's here," I say. Then I hear the families buzzing of the sonic.

"Don't take your eyes off it. Keep looking. It can't move if you're looking," he says eater quickly. But I get the part about not taking my eyes off of it.

"What's wrong?" I hear River ask.

"Deadlocked," replies The Doctor.

"There is no deadlock," said River.