Part 1 Chapter 19

Macy POV
We were doomed. I swear. But maybe the Fates have shed light on us after all. Just as I had begun to except that the timer was literally telling me how much time that I had left to live, Peris came up with a brilliant idea that managed to save us all.

"T minus three minutes."

"Guys, I got it! I have an idea. How about instead of trying to bust through the wall, let's try the floor."

"Alright, let's try it," Justin declared.

I could sense doubt and desperation in Peris' voice that Justin must of overlooked. He wasn't even sure if it would work. If the wall didn't work, then why would the floor?

We started to blow our feir against the floor out of pure desperation. Within seconds the floor had dissolved and we fell through. Although covered in dragon scale armor, my ankle throbbed once again as we hit the next level. I was really going to pay for it later. At least I wouldn't need it if we were able to ever fly out of here.

The room that we had landed in was a plain empty room. No furniture or anything. Not even cameras. That alone struck me as odd and raised my suspicions. I didn't have time to dwell on it though. There was a giant floor to ceiling window that was on one side of the room. Outside. Freedom.

From behind and above I heard the androids break through our barricade.

"T minus 60 seconds until neutralization is complete."

I composed myself and felt a wave of relief hit me as I comprehended just what that window really meant to me. Opportunity. Life. Hope.

"We don't have all day you know!" Lena snapped at us.

I shot the window with a single breath of feir and it shattered instantly upon contact. We flew out the hole as soon as the shower of glass had cleared.

It was such a relief to get out of there. Let's face it: being blown into oblivion while rescuing my best friend on a suicide mission wasn't really on my bucket list. I could tell that the rest of the group was relieved too, judging by the fast, yet relaxed, state of flight. But this wasn't over yet. It only would arouse new problems. Debris from the explosion of the tower could potentially pose a threat to our flight. That just meant we had...

"T minus thirty seconds."

...to somehow get as far away from the wretched place as possible.

"Everyone fly faster, we don't want debris from the blast to hit us," I commanded.

"She's got a point," said Justin.

Now flying for our lives, adrenaline coursing through our veins, we picked up significant speed. I began to tire quickly from my horrid lack of stamina but I pushed myself to keep going. We were too far to hear the timer anymore, so we had no idea how much time there was left until the explosion. But I knew that it couldn't be that much.

That when then I heard it. We all did. The explosion was far behind us and the debris landing near us. We had really done it. We had escaped.

•••••Time Skip•••••

After more hours of flying, all of us were thoroughly exhausted. We wanted to make camp for the night, but that alone posed too many problems. We were too close to civilization to stay in the wood and hotel stays costed too much for us to afford. We were tired with no place to rest, hundreds of miles from home.

"Omg, I think that I know this place!" Lena suddenly exclaimed.

"You do?"