Chapter 1: I'm Irish

A/N The Main Character's name is Flynn Finlay, a picture of him is to the right >>>>>

If you happen to know the name of the guy in the picture, or if by some weird twist of fate, you are the guy in the picture I would be happy to name him/you.  Or I will remove it if requested by him, but I will want proof before I take it down.

I am walking through the main building of school smiling vaguely, being the general cheerful person that I am.  I say hello and greet some people, but I do not really talk with people.  I would not say that I don’t have friends; I would say that I don’t have close friends, but that doesn’t really matter to me.

            I walk into my chemistry classroom and we are instructed to stand to the side of the classroom.  The teacher wants to assign us lab partners before we take our seats.  And then it will be based on our lab partners.

When she reaches my name she has assigned me Daniel Napier, the same lab partner I had last year.  Hopefully this will be a fun class like last year.  We had some fun just joking around and talking during labs, we even hung out once or twice outside of school last year.  Maybe this year could be the same, hopefully he’ll bring up that end of the year party, but hopefully he won’t. 

Man I don’t know!

            But wait, Daniel seems different… what is it?  I don’t know, he just seems different…

            “Mr. Finlay! Are you even paying attention?”  Mrs. Brookes, my chemistry teacher asks me.

            “Partially, why? Did I miss something?” I ask her.  Then I notice that I am the only person still standing to the side of the class.

            “You may take your seat now, next to Mr. Napier please.” Mrs. Brookes says, and my cheeks turn a few shades of red lighter than my hair as I make my way to sit next to Dan.  It looks like we are sitting in about the middle of the room.

            “You seem a little preoccupied Flynn.” Daniel whispered offhandedly while I sit down on the uncomfortable lab stool.  Like seriously, who thought that this would be comfortable to sit on for 45 minutes straight?

            “Yeah, just not quite ready to be back at school yet.”  I reply.

            “Oh I know the feeling.  Anything interesting happen to you over summer?”  He asks.  Maybe I am just being dumb, but he seems a little too interested, not sure what to make of that yet though.  And yes I did have an interesting summer, starting with that party we both went to at the end of the year.  Not like I’ll mention it though, I’m still not sure I want to talk about it, and not sure that I don’t want to talk about it.  Damn hormones.

            “Oh you know the usual.  Avoiding direct sunlight, and trying not to burn to a crisp every time I go outside.” I joke.

            “Ah, well you should go out at night then, that is what I’ve started doing.”  He says, and call me stupid, but I get a feeling that that has a hidden meaning.

            “Yeah except you’re not an extremely fair skinned ginger such as myself.”  I point out.

            “Messrs. Napier and Finlay, would you please pay attention and catch up about the summer at some other time?  I do have a class to teach and a limited amount of time.”  Mrs. Brooks rudely interrupts and then starts on a long lecture during which everyone has to take notes.

            After a horrifyingly long time of writing notes, the bell finally rings.  “All right, you guys have to write a pre-lab report before next class, and it is to be completed WITH your lab partner.”