Chapter 2: Anticipation

A/N The photo on the side is Robbie Buren.  I do not remember this model’s name, but if you do, please tell me!

So a week has passed and I guess that you could say that the school is a very different place now.  Robbie Buren hasn’t shown up at school at all.  It is rumored that he moved.

Dan is now the quarterback and has essentially taken Robbie’s place.  Except that Dan is nowhere near as much of an asshole as Robbie was to everyone.

But on the downside, he hasn’t really talked to me that much since then.  I mean besides during class and at the Lykos Café after school to work on our chemistry work together.  Other than that, we haven’t really talked much.

You are being an emotional girl right now.

So! I’m gay! That is ok!

You are just playing into the stereotype!

No I’m not! I’m not being flamboyant, and nobody even notices or knows that I am gay.  So hush!

Right now I’m sitting in my room, listening to my iPod, and just being an oddball.

I’m drawing doodles of the moon, which is in a waxing state at the moment.  It should be full this Saturday.  And it should be a very pretty moon then too.

Perhaps you’ll stay up late to draw and photograph it

Yeah, I’d like that.  But did you even have to ask?

Nope, and maybe you’ll ‘accidentally’ let Dan see your work?

Nu-uh! Never! Nobody can see my precious drawings!

҉                                                              ҉

Ugh, Wednesdays are the worst, right after Mondays.  I really hate Wednesday.  The only joy I get from this day is wearing my “Today is Tuesday Shirt”.  You might ask why I am evil like this.

Because fuck you, that’s why.

Excerse me?

Just kidding! You know that I love you!

Damn right you-

“Flynn! Flynn!”  Dan’s voice interrupts my thought process.

Woah, I am standing by my locker, zoning out, and Daniel had walked up to talk to me.

“I’m sorry! I was in my own little world there for a minute.  What’s up?” I say while moving books from my book bag into my locker.

“I was wondering what you were doing Friday.  And wondered if you wanted to hang out?”  He asks.  I think he might be trying to act nonchalant. As though he didn’t just ask me out.

But he didn’t just ask you out.

Yes he did, you just heard him.

No he asked you to hang out.  That is not the same, and besides, I’m trying to be the voice of reason.  You know, trying to help you not become obsessed with your crush.

“So?” Dan says, bringing me back to Earth, yet again.

“Oh, yeah, uh, sure.  What do you want to do?”  I ask him.

“Well there is a Last Airbernder Marathon coming on.  And I love that show, and if I remember correctly, you do too.”  He says, and then bites his lip for a fraction of a second.