Chapter 3: That Party

So what just happened?

I’m not too sure.  This is quite confusing.

Should I stay here?

I think that you should wait a little while, maybe half an hour, and then leave if he hasn’t returned yet.

Sounds like a plan.

҉                                                              ҉

“Hey, Flynn!” I hear someone whisper.  But it barely penetrates my groggy state.

“FLYNN!”  I hear that same voice again, and then I feel someone shaking me slightly.

“Hunh?”  I mutter sleepily.

“Are you awake yet?” that voice asks me again.  I think that it might be Dan.

“Man, I’m sorry about leaving you here, but I only left you for like half an hour.  How did you manage to fall asleep so quickly?”

“Secret art of my leprechaun people.”  I say, vaguely aware that I am saying something completely random.

“What?”  He asks me.

“It is a secret passed down through the centuries.  A secret like that of how to make babies, and cooking, and the backflip.”  I say as I stand up and leave his closet, which wasn’t very comfortable to sleep in.

“Yeah, you are out of it.  I’m just gonna walk you over here.”  He says as he walks me over to something that looks vaguely like a bed.  He then sits me down on it and asks, “Where is your phone?”

I then burst out laughing.  I have no idea why, but it is that silly laughter that just makes you even more sleepy.  I then lean in to his ear and whisper “In my pants.” Then I lean back to lay down on the bed.

҉                                                              ҉

I open my eyes and find myself in a strange environment.

The majestic creature, known as the Flynn, finds itself in an alien environment.

“Where am I?” I ask aloud as I sit up and the blankets cascade off of me.

“And why am I sleeping in my jeans with no shirt on, in a weird bed.”  I ask nobody in particular, seeing as I do not see anyone around.  I then notice that it is about 10p.m. and I try to remember what I was doing before I fell asleep.

“Oh yeah…” I say slowly as I remember that Dan had rushed me to his closet and then left me there alone, for an indeterminate length of time.

Then how did I get in this bed?

He came to get you out of the closet, but you were asleep.  He then tried to wake you up, but you were pretty out of it, so he walked you over to his bed.  Then you collapsed into sleep.

Oh… Well then where is he?

Just then the door to the bedroom opens and Dan looks inside catiously.

Speaking of the devil.

“Oh, you’re awake!” Dan says, sounding surprised.  He then walks into the room and sits on the edge of the bed.  “I didn’t expect you to wake up at all.  You were completely out of it when I came back up here.”

“Yeah, usually if I fall asleep, it is very difficult to wake me up.” I say.  Then I stretch my back a little before I realize that I am not wearing a shirt.  In front of the boy that I like.  Now I’m embarrassed, but I don’t want to make a scene, so…