Chapter 9: An Attack

I wake up Saturday morning, hearing one of the twins singing in the shower.  Horribly, and loudly, might I add.

I then notice that the time is 10, and that Dan is sleeping awkwardly in my desk chair.  I then get up out of the bed to gently wake him up.

“Dan?”  I say as I place a hand on his shoulder.

He then jumps awake, “WHAT!? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!”  He is immediately ready for action.

Was that a sexual innuendo?

No, I just meant that he is now wide awake.

“Yeah, I’m fine.  You were really amazing for coming over so fast last night.” I smile at him.

“Well you needed me,” He says as he stretches out the kinks in his body.

҉                                                            ҉

After we get ready and go downstairs, I realized that mam might be upset over Dan staying the night.  We walk into the kitchen, where there are some scrambled eggs and toast ready.

Just before I start to explain to mam, she looks up and sees Dan, and doesn’t look surprised to see him. 

I guess she knew, or he told her already, or something?

Sounds like a good enough explanation.

We start eating, Dan a huge helping of eggs, me mainly toast, Kean and Rowan eat the most of us all.  Kean had three plates full of eggs, and four pieces of toast.  Rowan had four plates full of eggs, and three pieces of toast.

They eat so much.

They’re freshmen.  They are growing.  What do you expect?

I don’t know really.

“So what are you boys planning to do today?”  Mam asks us.

Kean and Rowan immediately respond, saying “We’re heading to the park for a game of soccer.”

“Sounds fun, but don’t forget that I need you two to go to the store for me!”  She says.

She then turns to Dan and I, “What are you two going to do today?”

“Um…” I start to say something, but Dan cuts me off.

“I think we might go see a movie, or just walk around the mall.” Dan tells her.

She then gives him a look that has some unknown meaning to me, and I say, “Yeah, we’ll do that…”

҉                                                            ҉

Dan and I are walking out my front door.  I’m wearing a dark green jacket over a long sleeve shirt, and dark blue jeans.  It has become really cold recently; I can no longer wear shorts.  Dan is wearing a pair of blue jeans, a navy long sleeve shirt, and a light blue scarf.

We walk down the driveway and Dan says, “I didn’t drive here, but it isn’t too far to walk to the mall from here.”

“Ok.” I say, and we start walking down the street talking and being weird.

҉                                                            ҉

We walk into the mall, and go to a little coffee shop called Klanot Coffee.  I order a white chocolate mocha, and Dan orders a simple black coffee.