Chapter 14: War Is Declared

Author’s Note: I know I said that I was going to wait until I had 15 votes for Moon, Embrace, but when it hit 600 reads, I was like ‘naw they can have a new chapter’

Are you sure that you are alright?” Dan asks me for the nth time since he untied me from that chair.  He is holding my hands, trying to keep me from rubbing my raw wrists because I am making them even worse.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I say distractedly.  We are sitting in the living room of the pack house for Zibiri’s pack.  We are sitting next to each other on the couch.  And try as he may, Dan cannot hold my attention for very long.  Nothing can really.

Zibiri, his pack, and Mrs. Brooks came in and rescued me about ten minutes later than the woman who spoke with Alpha Grackle said, but they came nonetheless.  Since then, they have tried to talk to me about what happened, and kept asking me what happened.  I told them that I was kidnapped by a Beanna pack, but I didn’t tell them about their Alpha.

I told them that they kidnapped me, to send them a message.  The Beanna have declared war on the Madra Allta.  I was told by Zibiri that this was not uncommon for ‘war’ to be declared between the Madra Allta and the Beanna Clans.  I then told them that the reason was because of the recent ‘Mating’ of Dan and me.

I blushed horribly while telling Zibiri that, but he did not make me feel uncomfortable about it, or anything of that nature.  He just smiled and said that this was not atypical for the Beanna to do.

I am still in shock though, that I was kidnapped, and I thought that I was about to be murdered, but was spared.  And Zibiri thinks that this is the only reason why I am so subdued at the moment, but he is wrong.

Dan is saying something to me along the lines of him taking me to his house to lay low for a few days until my wrists heal up.  Zibiri will cover for me with my mam when she returns from her business trip later this week, if necessary.  And Mrs. Brooks is going to cover for me at school.

I am really distracted though, because when I look around I am already in Dan’s car, and we are nearly at his house, and it is the middle of the night.  I just don’t like what I found out in that warehouse, that is why I am so out of it.

“Do you want me to bring you something to drink?” Dan asks me from his doorway, and I realize that I am now in his room sitting on his bed.

“Hmm?” I ask him distractedly.

He walks over to me, and sits next to me. “Would you like a drink or something to eat?”  He looks me in the eyes, and I look at him.  I can see the concern etched all over his face.

“No, I think I’m fine.  I just want to get some sleep.  I’m exhausted.”  I say to him as I lean back onto his bed.

“Ok, that sounds best.” He says as he stands up and strips down to his underwear.  He then turns off the light and walks back over to the bed and gets underneath the covers.  I haven’t moved yet.

“You need help?” He asks me, without a trace of sarcasm or cynicism in his voice.

“What? Oh, sorry.” I say.  I stand up, awkwardly take off my jeans, which are all that I had on besides underwear.  I hadn’t bothered changing clothes since being rescued.  Then I get under the covers with him.

“I’m sorry.” Dan whispers quietly as he moves next to me and becomes the big spoon.

I hear him, but I am, yet again, too distracted.

“Everything will be ok.” I hear him mumble sleepily as I drift off into my own memories.

҉                                                            ҉