Chapter 7: A Historia

“Ugh… I’m so sleepy!” I complain as I sit down next to Dan in chemistry.  Last night was Halloween, and that is why I am so tired.

“I’m sorry, but it is your fault.”  Dan says to me.

I then look around real quickly to make sure that nobody was close enough to hear him.

“Can you shush?”  I ask him.  I don’t want to come out to school yet.  And even though Dan says that he is ready, I know that he doesn’t want to, but sometimes he doesn’t realize that other people have ears.

“Sorry…”  He says as he looks saddened and starts to work on his worksheet.

҉                                                              ҉

I’m eating lunch with the nerd group, as always, when Dan makes his way over here to sit, instead of with his usual group.  This immediately sets off many alarms in my head.

I start shaking my head furiously at him.  I’m trying to tell him not to walk over here.  It would look odd, especially since he never eats anywhere other than with his usual group.

He notices me shaking my head, and seems to understand, but he looks a little hurt as he walks away.

You’re kind of being an asshole.

I’m not ready to come out yet though!

That doesn’t mean don’t be seen in public with him, it means no PDA with him.

Maybe you’re right… I’ll talk to him later tonight.

҉                                                              ҉

It is now the Monday after Halloween, and Dan and I haven’t talked much since that day.  I guess that he is mad at me for not wanting to eat lunch with him.  I’ve been trying to talk to him, but he is busy most of the time now.

I’m not sure what he is busy with, but his phone usually goes straight to voicemail.  And in Chemistry we are given so much work, that there is no time at all to talk.

I just really want to apologize to him.

҉                                                              ҉

I am standing at my locker fiddling with my books after school on Thursday.  I am a little sad since Dan and I haven’t talked yet.

Grrr!

I think that I will draw tonight.

That would be nice.  You haven’t drawn much lately.

Yeah…

I sigh as I finish with my locker and make my way to the bike rack.  I have to pass by my Chemistry classroom, and I notice that Mrs. Brooks is still inside.

She must be grading assignments, or maybe even preparing for tomorrow’s lessons.

I stop at the doorway for a fraction of a second, but it is long enough for Mrs. Brooks to notice me.  She then says, “Oh Flynn! Come here for a moment, I have something important to tell you.”  She then motions for me to come.

I walk over to her slowly, and with fear.

OMTL! Am I failing? Are my grades really that bad?

OMTL?