Chapter 4

"We gotta go, quickly." I said to Nate as we jumped off the ship, and it auto piloted itself to the hangar. The bottle was bending to the will of the thick blood, stretching wide.

He took one look at the bottle, and his eyes widened and he grabbed it, sprinting to the Hall. I took a deep breath and ran after him, once again earning weird looks from the other Guardians and vendors. The sun was setting, and shadows were eerily cast on the Tower.

If this escapes, the whole Tower, city will be in jeopardy. Why did we have to bring it back here?We rushed into the main room, and the three Vanguard looked up from a map. I had seen to much of the Hall, recently. It was sickening.

Ikora was the first to speak, eyeing only the rapidly expanding bottle clutched in my hand. "What is that?"

Nate spoke now, looking at all of them. "We have to get it to the Quarantine sector. Immediately, then we promise to explain." Cayde and Ikora nodded while Zavala rolled up the map, and with my enhanced vision, I could clearly see a map of Saturn's rings, hand drawn. The were planning for the infiltration of the Dreadnaught.

Cayde threw my a clear box with a relic iron top, looking to were my eyes were then slightly nodding to me. "Put the bottle in there. It's going to explode any minute."I shoved it in the box and snapped the lid on, the rubbery-glass was starting to exude cracks from the pressure. The box got heavier by the minute because of the increased air pressure.

I looked up to see Zavala narrowing his glowing eyes at me, before transporting us all to the quarantine sector of the tower. Which was a black room with blue lights and different, sharp tools on the walls. And a glass box that encased the back of the room. The floor was white tile.

"Put it in the glass containment." Zavala muttered distastefully to me.

I slid the fiber glass open, and threw the box in there none to gently. I stopping in my tracks, looking in the corner to see the Taken Thrall that I had sent to Ikora in there, laying lifelessly. It's black brain still in the smashed state I had given it.The Taken are now considered a quarantine-able subject. Dread filled my stomach as I looked at the Thrall longer then I should.

I felt like ice as I slid the containment door shut. What if they contain me? Quarantine me and consider me a threat?

Just...just like with Eris.

∞∞∞

Cayde watched as Kyrine slid back the fiber glass. He detested this place, detested the look on her face, recognition. Of what, he didn't know.

This was the place Zavala and Ikora had tortured Eris, thinking she had been twisted into Crota's own minion. They tortured her for months, her screams still bounced off the walls and back and forth in his head. She didn't deserve it.

She never had deserved anything that happened to her.

Zavala was ruthless, using shock and pain tactics while Ikora wormed herself into Eris's head. Violating her very thoughts. Cayde had stood and watched as they hurt her. Tortured her for information she didn't hold.

She was only a mutilated survivor of Crota. No matter what she thought, or the others. She was still beautiful, still a piece of art to him.

And she would remain so. Always.

But now, he looked at Kyrine, the newly infected Guardian with Darkness. Watching as she stalked back to her friend, Nathaniel.

At least she had someone to lean on. Cayde had refused to be there for Eris when she needed him most, fearing it would compromise his place as Vanguard. All of her friends had perished before her very eyes by Crota's hand. She had no one and he had refused to be that someone.