Chapter 3 - We've met

When I got back to the dorm, I start up my laptop and begin to IM Jake.

SilentBecca: Wazzup twit!?!

A few seconds later Jake replied.

HotStuffJake: BECCA SWAN! Hey, short stuff.

I wince at this. Ever since Twilight and Vampires Sucks came out, he'd always call me Becca Swan and 'short stuff'. I'm not even that short. I'm 5'8.

SilentBecca: Ha ha. You're so funny: /. How are you? And Mom? She good?

HotStuffJake: I know : D. Moms good. I'm good, though schools quite hectic. What about you?

SilentBecca: That's good, I'm actually annoyed.

HotStuffJake: Why?

I tell Jake about my encounters with Mason and he ends up laughing at it, so I tell him bye and shut my laptop.

Sighing, I grab my purse and make my way out to the bookstore. I need more books. I make my way out of campus to the local book store. As I enter the bookstore, I hear the bells chime and I already feel at ease. As if the tension from earlier just rolled off.

Walking through the fiction aisle, I look at all of the varieties. JK Rowling. No. Rick Riordan...maybe. Cassandra Clare! Yes! It read: The Mortal Instruments- City Of Lost Souls, last copy. I grin at myself.

I reach for the book but my hand collides with someone else's. I gasp and grab the book of the shelf. I look up to see Chase Littaman, a good friend of Mason's but the opposite of him. Chase is kind, funny, caring and good looking where as Mason is a pure asshole.

I smile at him and he returns it.

"I got it first," I smirk.

"To bad, I've been looking for that book for ages," he nods at the book in my possession.

"Well... so have I," I say with a little pout and puppy eyes. I'm playing the guilt card; mom would kill me if she knew!

"How about I buy it and you can read it after me?" I suggest.

He grins and nods.

We walk up to the counter and I pay for the book.

"Okay...so I will read it first and when I'm done you can,"

"Sure, take your time," he says as we walk out of the store.

Outside there are two guys chatting and laughing. One was leaning against the door of an Audi R8, who I instantly recognized as Mason, and the other was leaning next to him, I could not recognize 'whats-his-name' but I definitely saw him in campus. I mean, who could not notice a group of hot guys parading on campus?

"Rebecca?" Chase hollers, waving his hands in front of my face.

We were by his friends now. I smile at him and glance at Mason, who is glaring at me.

"Who's this?" it was 'whats-his-name' who broke the awkward silence.

"Rebecca Don-"  I winced.

"Becca," I corrected Chase.

"Becca Donnali," Chase chuckled.

"Alec," whats-his-fa- I mean Alec says, holding his hand out for me to shake. I shake it shooting him a friendly smile.

"This is mason," Alec states hooking a thumb in his direction.

"We've met," Mason says in an uninterested voice and rolls his eyes.

I cleared my throat and nodded at Alec.

"I better go, bye," I say giving them an awkward wave as I retreat back to my campus dorm, where I spend my Friday night reading.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------