Chapter 6 - You're gay?

"Whooo! Go Megan!" Dylan hooted.

Megan was currently chugging down her 4th red cup of the vile intoxicating substance called beer.

"This party is the bomb!Come dance allec" she slurred.

The party was in full swing. I'm not sure how many people were in here but it looked over a hundred.

James' exclusive apartment seemed to accommodate nicely. It wasn't jammed-packed. Well except for the make-do dance floor. Everybody was pressed up against each other, dancing with a red cup in hand. Ugh...

"I don't dance!" Alec shouted.

Megan pouted, pulling on his sleeve.

"Please! Only one song!"

She looked at him from under her lashes. He sighed and he pulled a grinning Megan towards the mass of people. Megan's good looks take her a long way. She's got these striking blue-gray eyes and arched eyebrows. Her hair cut till her waist, she's known as the Greek Goddess Athena around campus.

I chuckled at Alec's terrible dancing and Megan's graceful-yet jumpy-dance moves. Sarah's laughter filled my ears and I turned around to see her and Chase arm wrestling. Dylan was flirting with a girl that vaguely looked like Madison Fuller. Yep. Definitely her. I can see her fiery red hair and beautiful green eyes.

Sighing, I make my way to the kitchen area to look for a drink that's not spiked.

"Lemonade? Really Becca?" a voice asks from behind me.

I turn around to find Adam Henderson, a member of our football team and a friend of mine. He grinned at me, his sapphire eyes staring straight into mine. Those eyes could make any girl swoon.

"I happen to like lemonade," I smile back.

I knew he put the lemonade in the fridge, knowing I hate alcohol.

He chuckled and ran a hand through his perfectly tousled dark hair.

"It's a party! Let loose." He nudged my shoulder.

Adam was also James best friend and roommate, even though he - or his parents - could perfectly afford his own apartment, but I guess living with your life-long BFF is better.

"I'm the designated driver,"

"Who says you have to go home?" he countered.

"You could always stay over..." he said with a wink.

I laughed and shook my head, could he get any cuter? No, but he could get hotter. My mind noted, yea...

I looked up at Adam. He wasn't at the open-mic. He is usually playing the guitar or the drums for the contestants.

"You weren't there today. At the hangout." I asked whilst playing with the rim of my cup.

He sighed. I looked up at him.

"I had to help James out with the party. Did you sing?" I nodded.

"Sorry Becs... I always play when you sing," he said, his eyes apologetic.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"It's alright. I won a bet." I said.

"Oh, yea," his eyebrows rose.

"Aha. Against Mason Blake. He thought I couldn't sing even though Chase and the gang told him I could,"

Adam shook his head, grinning.