Chapter 14 - It was a mistake

The familiar scent of the hospital greeted me as Mason and I entered. Mason walked close by my side as we stepped into the ER, I could see see Jake at the end of the corridor smiling while texting. I stared at him with a confused frown on my face. Mom is in hospital, shouldn't he be worried.

As soon as he saw me he got up to hug me.

"Where is she? Where's mom?" I mumbled into his shoulder.

"She's fine. You can go in and see her," he said letting me go and gesturing to the door.

I glanced at Mason who had his hands shoved in his pockets as he observed his feet. I was about to ask him to join me when Jake started talking to him.

So, I just walked into my mothers private hospital room. Only to find a Man sitting and reading through papers. The mans head was bandaged and he had a cast on his leg.

"Sorry! I must have gotten the wrong - " I started but stopped when the man put down the papers giving me a full view of his face. I looked into familiar brown eyes and took in his salt and pepper hair, his nose was slightly crooked but I remember looking at it for a whole twenty years of my existence.

"Dad..." I whispered in disbelief.

"Dad! T-they said you were dead. How did you- when did you- you're here!" I cried and ran to hug my father.

"Rebecca..." My father whispered into my hair. I started sobbing, I was shocked that my dad was actually here, after all those months of searching and when they decided to give up he makes an appearance.

"Common Bec's, don't cry. I'm right here my sweetheart. And I'm not going to go anywhere."

"Are you sure? Am I not dreaming?" I sniffled while wiping my eyes.

I felt a ting on my arm. "Ouch!" I said and looked up at my father.

" what was that for?" I whined.

Dad shrugged and said, " You thought you were dreaming,"

I smiled and shook my head. Mom entered and passed my dad some pills and some water before turning to me, "Honey, could you please call your brother for me?"

I nodded and straightened up, "Yeah, sure." I said before giving dad a smile and walking out of the room.

Jake was leaning against the wall talking to Spencer and Mason. When he saw me he smiled and walked toward me.

"Sorry 'bout lying Becs, mom wanted to suprise you,"

I scowled at him before smiling and smacking him upside the head.

"Ow! What's - " he started but I cut him of.

"Mom wants to see you, little bro, " Jake glared and pouted at me before going into the room.

I turned around and greeted spencer not before noticing Mason was missing. I turned around to see him leaning on the opposite wall, frowning at the floor.

"Mason? You okay?" I asked confused.

He cleared his throat and glanced at me, " Um, yeah, I was just thinking about something,"

I nodded, "You sure? What were you thinking?"

" I was just thinking what will happen when- um... Nevermind! Look Becca I kind of have to go. I'm sorry..." He said scratching the back of his neck.

I frowned confused for a moment until I decided to let it go, then I smiled up at him and said,"It's fine. My dad's back."

"I know." He said and smiled back at me not before pulling me into a hug.