Chapter 5 - Your car is cursed.

Before I went on stage Dylan suggested I sing 'Roar' by katy perry. when I asked as to why, he said that fits well with the situation. 

"I used to ..."[ lyrics to roar ]

When I got to the chorus of the song I saw Mason drop his head in his hands and Chase patted him on his back, laughing. I grinned and continued.

"You're gonna hear me roar;" I finished.

There was a loud sound of applause. I saw Sarah and Megan in the crowed clapping and whistling, while grinning at me.

Dylan hollered at me to come over. As I did, some guy stopped me. He looked around my age.

"Hey there, beautiful." He said in a supposed-to-be-seductive voice. I gave him a tight-lipped smile and greeted back, glancing behind him at Mason's table. I caught Alec's gaze and widened my eyes a little. He looked at me confused. The guy waved his hands in front of my face.

"What?" I asked.

"What's your name, babe."

"Becca,"

I didn't answer. That was Mason's voice. I was relieved and confused at the same time. I called Alec...not Mason.

"There you are! I've been looking for you," Mason came up beside me. He slung on arm around my shoulder and pulled me towards him. What?

"Who's this?" Mason looked at the guy, a small smile gracing his face. The guy noticed and raised an eyebrow at Mason.

"I could ask you the same," the guy said.

"He's -" I started

"Her boyfriend,"

I whipped my head to look at Mason, my eyes widening in the process as he grinned at the guy in front of us.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't know you were taken." The guy says rubbing the back of his neck.

He walked back to his group of friends in defeat.

I shrugged of Masons arm and turned to face him.

"Firstly, I'm not your girlfriend; you have plenty of those,"  

Mason raised an eyebrow.  

"Secondly, pay up." I say smirking.

He looked at me for a moment before blinking. Mason pulled out his wallet and took out a twenty dollar note and handed it to me. I mumbled thanks and fiddled with the note. I thought about the skittles I felt for... Sighing, I tucked the note into Mason's shirt pocket.

"Keep it," I smiled, patting his pocket. Mason looked shocked. I winked at him and strolled over to Sarah and Megan who are now sitting with Alec, Dylan and Chase.

"Wins a bet, lets him keep the money, shit Becca does." Sarah fist-bumps me.

"Told you she sings," Dylan says.

"Like a siren too," Chase chuckles.

"You guys flatter me. You should so do it more often," I roll my eyes and smile.

"Way to sound conceited," Mason muttered.

"I believe she used sarcasm in her last sentence," Megan intervened.

Mason scoffed, "You should know"

"Actually, I do. I'm majoring in English," she shot back.

"Oh, really, now?" Mason smirked. "So you could help me with...?"

"You bet," Megan smirked back.

Oh my god. Are they flirting? Ew... That's... So...Mason. I rolled my eyes at them and paid attention to the next singer on stage.

After multiple performances, it was already 20:30. Time flies when you're having fun. It turns out the guys are also going to James Aubrey's party. Megan said she had to run an errand for her dad and left earlier, promising to meet us at the party.

Sarah called shotgun on Chase's car because he had a BMW M6. She has a thing for BMW's...or Chase. That left Alec to go with Dylan and Mason to ride with me.

Oh joy...note the sarcasm.

If there's one thing I can't handle is constant nagging. Mason kept on complaining about how much he misses his Audi R8 and can't wait to get out of my car.

"Stupid Chase...Alec, stupid car..." he mumbled.

I sighed in exasperation and turned the radio on.

"You like rock," he asked

"Yeah...Why?"

"Never took you as a rock person,"

After a minute of silence 'Roar' come on and I chuckled at the irony and started to sing along. It has a catchy tune...

We reached James Aubrey's house. As Mason stepped out, he hit his head on the door frame and fell face-first onto the ground. I gasped in shock then laughed until I couldn't breathe.

"OW! Dammit! Your stupid car is cursed!," he shouted as I rushed out and helped him up as quick as possible.

"You're heavy," I huffed.

"And you are weird," he retorted.

"Thanks, I only helped you up because my Nanna said 'one minute a boy is on the ground and the next minute he is proposing to you'," I beamed.

Mason looked at me weirdly but had a faint smile to his lips.

"Wipe that look off you Face or else I-"

"Can't get enough of me? Can't stop yourself from liking me? adore me?" he suggested.

"Don't be a pigheaded. I was going to say, I can see psycho in your eyes and people are watching,"

"Watching me? Really Becca you are staring in my eyes. Are you sure you don't like me?" he smirked.

I blinked. Twice. Thrice.

I scowled at him.

"You are so conceited and you are a jerk, I don't like you - in fact the opposite!"

Sarah and Chase pulled in, so I walked up to them.

"You don't look like a happy-chappy," Chase noted and looked at Sarah questioningly.

"I'm not. And I blame your best pal over there," I said hooking a thumb in Masons direction.

"I see... well I'm gonna leave. See you guys around," Chase left in Mason's direction.

"C'mon, we are going to have some fun," Sarah smiled mischievously.

Uh - Oh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------