Radioactive

"I'm waking up from ash and dust, I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust, I'm breathing in the chemicals."
-Radioactive, Imagine Dragons

I gasped for air and stood up from... Whatever I was lying on. I felt my head pound, my chest tighten, my body aching. What is this feeling? Is this...

Pain?

"Dad!"

I instantly looked for the source of the voice and saw a girl on my left. She's a bit taller than me but I feel like she's the same age as me. Her face. She was bored.

"Amy?" An old man appeared behind the girl. "What is it? It's 4:14 in the morn--" He looked at me. Surprise etched on his face. He slowly grinned and began to laugh jovially and hugged his daughter. I tilted my head in amusement. Then he calmed down.

"It worked. Ha... Hahaha!" He said, as if not believing. "Hoo..." He sat down in front of me. "Say something..."

"Uhm..." I said. "Hello?"

"Ha!" He clapped his hands together. "You're alive!"

"I... I don't understand, sir? Alive?" I asked.

"Yes. Yes! Yes..." He slowly frowned. "You... You don't remember?"

I shook my head and thought. I don't really know anything. Back? Past? What?

"No, sir." I answered.

"I... I see..." He scratched his head. "Well anyways, hello! I'm Dr. Steven Ahomiro." He reached out his hand for me.

I reached out and nodded.

We shook hands and looked at the girl beside me. "And that is my daughter, Amy Ahomiro."

Amy nodded at me and showed me a small smile.

"Uhm. Hi." I said, unsure of what I will say. Afterall I don't know my name yet.

"So you really don't remember, huh?" Dr. Steven asked as he stood up to a desk.

"No." I replied.

"Well then," He took a mirror and faced it at me and smiled. "Alyssa, meet yourself, yourself, Alyssa Caymo Valdez. Six years old just like my daughter."

I looked at my reflection intently. I have a scar on my eyebrow. Cool.

"Excuse me. Mr. Ahomiro, sir?" I turned away from the mirror. "What happened to me?"

"Well... You died once." Dr. Ahomiro said. I widened my eyes. Seriously? And he's... Calm with that?"

"I... I did?"

"Yeah! Because on an explosion. Look." He pointed at my chest.

I looked down and saw burnt marks and...

Is that...

Metal? And wires?

I followed the wires and it led me to look at the computer monitors beside me. Blue screen with bunch of words, codes and numbers were on it.

"Uh... Ah... Wha?" I stuttered. I panicked. Then I heard gears winding in it. I also felt something in my chest spinning. Tons of tiny gears spinning in my chest. The monitors beside me started to beep fast and the once blue screen turned red. WARNING! it said.