Sadist Hugs and Human Shields

As soon as Alyssa stepped in the living room, she was ambushed with a hug by Dennise. She blushed and held the girl's hips. They held together like that for minutes until she heard Dennise sob.

She broke the hug and held Denden's face. Alyssa wiped away the tears dripping down the shorter girl's face.

"Hey... Why are you crying?" She asked gently.

"You scared me!" Dennise replied and started to hit Alyssa's chest. "Damn you! You were bleeding and coughing and... You, you... You fainted! Damn it."

"Hey! Hey..." Alyssa hugged her again and still, hits kept on coming to her. "I'm fine now! Okay?" She broke the hug again. "Look. I'm standing straight, no broken... Anything. I'm fine, great even!"

"Are you hiding something?" Dennise exclaimed.

"What? No! I--"

"Are you sick?" Dennise interrupted.

"No." Alyssa answered quickly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"Are you being abused?"

"No!"

"Amy!" Dennise called out.

"Yo?!" Amy suddenly appeared besides Ella.

"Is tito Steve abusing this idiot because I swear I'll--"

"Dude. If my dad does that, I'd be the first person to pop his head out even if he's my dad." Amy assured.

Dennise eyed Alyssa and Alyssa was trying not to laugh. Seeing Dennise so serious, angry, and...

"Mother-like",

Is funny! As in, if you can see her right now, it's adorable.

"Beautiful too..."

"You better!" Dennise scowled. "Wait... Don't tell me."

"Woah... What now?" Lala slouched on the sofa, slowly getting irritated.

"Are you suicidal?!" Dennise screamed.

"What!? NO!" Alyssa shouted back while the two girls bursted out laughing.

"Oh my gosh. This is priceless!" Lala said in between laughs.

Amy agreed by nodding her head and leaned on the smaller girl for support as they laughed at Dennise's expense.

"Are you sure?" Denden asked, unsure and doubting Alyssa's answer. "Because, I'll call an ambulance right now."

Alyssa instead embraced her and rubbed her best friend's back to assure her that she's alright. She kissed Denden's temple. "I'm fine, 'kay?"

It fell silent...

Well...

Not exactly.

Amy and Ella were still laughing.

But...

Yeah.

You get the point.

They held each other like that for a minute until...

"Kakainggit naman!"

"Ako nalang mag-huhug sayo, Ella my loves!"

"Che!"

Dennise and Alyssa giggled and broke their hug. They stared at each others eyes, both smiling and Alyssa felt happy even though, yet again, Alyssa felt a sharp pain on her left bicep. She yelped and pouted.