Chapter 2

The bus ride home was tedious. After Raven and I parted our separate ways after art class (our lockers were on opposite sides of the school), I grabbed my sweatshirt from my locker and headed straight outside, hopped up the bus stairs, and put my iPod as loud as I could stand it. I didn't look out the window. I knew Raven would be walking by outside, eventually, to get to her own bus. But I didn't want to torture myself.

They call her
Bulldozer speech demon

Without distractions of hope,
She makes the depression business
Look surprisingly novel.
And she's not just royal,
Allegedly loyal
Not unfaithful but she has no faith in me.

I had never felt like this about anyone before. Sure, I had known I liked girls since freshman year of high school. But I had never actually liked anyone in particular. I wonder if she's...

No. I had to stop thinking about this. I had to distract myself.

There's the ones that you love,
The ones that love you,
The ones that make you come.
The ones that make you come unglued.

Yeah, that song wasn't helping too much.

My mind continuously wandered back to Raven; her presence had invaded my mind. It was those eyes. They saw deep into my soul, knew things about me that not even I did.

What I wouldn't give to have eyes like that...

I was eventually jolted out of my daydreams when the bus went over a bump in the road. I was daydreamer; oftentimes I relied on that bump in the road to remind me that the next stop was mine. I put away my iPod and grabbed my bag from off the floor.

After I got off the bus, it was a two or three minute walk to my house.

~   ~   ~

"Honey, what are you doing?" my mom asked, standing in my doorway.

I had almost the entire contents of my closet scattered about my room, looking for something to wear tonight.

"I'm going out tonight. I think it might be a date," I replied, breathless, now going through my drawers.

"Oh. Where are you going?"

"To the movies."

"And with whom?"

"You don't know her."

My mom knew I was a lesbian. I didn't have to tell her, she just knew. It's not a big deal; we're atheists, so there's no religious conflict, and my parents don't have anything against gay people.

But this was the first time I had mentioned even possibly being involved with a girl. I think my mom just found it awkward. Usually she wouldn't stop asking me questions about something until I cried. But after telling me to have fun and be careful, she went off to do her own thing somewhere else in the house. I was glad. I wasn't in the mood for answering her questions.

I finally decided on a maroon-ish button-down short-sleeved shirt and black jeans. Purple and black Converse sneakers. A silver pentagram necklace (I dabbled in Wicca) and small silver stud earrings shaped like stars. I had an eyebrow piercing with a silver barbell, and a nose piercing with a little black hoop. I went with my usual hairstyle: my incredibly short hair (which was dyed purple) gelled up in a faux hawk.

I took my phone out of my pocket to check the time. 6:59. Crap.

"M'kay, mom, I'm leaving now. I'll probably be back before eleven," I called as I rushed out the door. Of all the things I could have inherited from my mother, why did it have to be her tendency to be late?

At least I wouldn't have trouble finding her house. Once I saw the address, I realized that I passed it every day on my way to school. It had had a "for sale" sign in front of it as long as I could remember. But obviously the sign wasn't there anymore.

It was going to take me at least five minutes to get to her house. I hopped into my car- it was just simple and black. Don't ask me what kind of car it was, 'cause I have no clue. I'm not a car person.

~

Ten minutes later (there was traffic at seven o'clock at night- who knew?), I pulled up to her house. I wasn't sure whether I should go up to the door, or just text or call her to say that I was here.

I didn't have to decide. The front door opened up and Raven gracefully took the steps two at a time.

She was gorgeous, as usual. She wore a dark red miniskirt and a low-cut black t-shirt. Her legs were bare, except for the usual black knee-high combat boots. Her hair was down, but tucked behind her ears. She wore black eyeliner, but that was the only makeup she had on.

Raven smiled. "You look nice."

I hadn't even realized that she was in the car already, I was too busy staring at her like an idiot.

"Oh, um, thanks. You too," I said, starting the car. The CD I had in started playing at it's normal obscene volume, and I quickly turned it down. It was Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows (D.R.U.G.S.), and the song that was playing was The Hangman.

Raven started laughing. "That's so weird! I was just listening to this an hour ago," she reached for the volume knob, and turned it up. Not quite as loud as it was before, but it still had the potential to make a small child cry. "It's one of my favorites."

These walls talk more than we ever will.
I could get used to this world,
Standing oh so still.
So hedge my bets and stand my ground
I'll never talk at all.

Cause sometimes, sometimes.
Hate can be so beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

FINALLY chapter two is up! hope you guys enjoy! please vote, comment, and fan if you like :)

ALSO:

the vid i posted is just a song w/ lyrics, it's the first song that I quote lyrics from in this chapter (The Red Carpet Grave by Marilyn Manson).

I could only post one video, but the second song I quoted lyrics from is 'The Hangman' by D.R.U.G.S.

and here is a link to that ->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6-UsQKBLF4&ob=av2n

Enjoy!