Chapter 14

"So you all are accusing my kingdom?" Hasebe asked in a rather forced calm tone.

Yasusada answered with a smirk. "All we ask is for you to prove your innocence. As the way things are, our thoughts are logical, don't you think so?"

"Then I shall prove it to you. I will contact you gentlemen later."

Closing the magic circle on his end, Hasebe sighed heavily as he found new problem at hand. True, he was annoyed by his 'friends' accusing his kingdom, but he knew they had a point. It was certainly not normal for his kingdom to remain untouched while the other three were being attacked.

Hasebe turned to the door of his room and walked out. He needed to speak with his King and Queen about the problem and ask for their move. At least, by sending a help to the three kingdoms, it would of course help the Hearts to prove their innocence. That was what he would like to suggest. After all, the Aces might be the one with knowledge, but they were not allowed to make a move. They were to give advises, but it was the King's choice to abide.

Hasebe walked to his King's study chamber to find no one there. Weird, the King usually spent this time of the day there. Not wanting to waste any more time, he turned to his King and Queen's room. Again, no one was present.

"Where are they when there's an emergency?"

If he couldn't find them, there was one thing he could try. He could just sense their energy, another power the Aces must conceal from anyone.

He spotted a desolated spot somewhere in the palace and closed his eyes, focusing his mind. Few seconds in that state, he already knew where his King and Queen were.

'Underground?'

It was definitely weird. There were indeed secret underground passages beneath the Kingdom of Hearts' palace that led to various ends. But the location his King and Queen were was not a place the royalties usually went to in normal circumstances.

What were they doing in the Hearts' underground prison?

He focused his mind again. He sensed their movement, slowly walking out of the prison area and heading to the underground entrance. Once they were nowhere near the entrance, he decided to go there in secret. He felt he needed to know what his King and Queen were doing down there.

Carefully minding where he stepped, Hasebe went into a dark alley without a single light on. It was not easy but thankfully, he knew his way. Sounds of water running through the drain filled the air, as he walked along the long passage. Eventually he arrived at his destination, though resting was not something he could do afterwards, since he was too surprised to see what was in front of him.

The Queen of Spades, trapped behind steel bars underground.

"Who are you? Do you plan to kill me now?" Akita hissed, poison in his words of obvious anger.